South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 4!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes. The joys of moving.

Glad to hear you will be at the p/u sethga. Would it be possible to separate out the 6 lbs for me in a bag? I am going to be on a pretty tight schedule and since I am picking up vincemash's grain, do not have to do any splitting or weighing that night.

Oh yes. The joys of moving.

Glad to hear you will be at the p/u sethga. Would it be possible to separate out the 6 lbs for me in a bag? I am going to be on a pretty tight schedule and since I am picking up vincemash's grain, do not have to do any splitting or weighing that night.

I will try, but I must tell you I can't make any promises... If you don't mind kitchen trash bags (a new one of course) I think I can help you out.

I haven't even seen this brick of rice hulls in person yet, my friend picked them up at the last buy and stores them -- but apparently it is a pain in the ass to break them off and measure so I was planning on showing up and going with the self service route for folks that wanted them :eek:

I don't mind trash bags at all. If you can do it ahead of time, that is great. If not, I am sure we can make quick work of it Friday night. I will bring some baggies just in case.

I'm going to PM this to everyone later tonight but thought i'd trow it out here first :

Delivery is set for 7:15pm on Friday, May 28th

1618 Union Ave
Pennsauken, NJ

I am closing on my house that day in Maple Shade... coming over to the pickup will be a much needed break from moving and excuse to go get dinner too :) I'll be there with the hulls.

Congrats on the house! Where in Maple Shade are you moving?

I have the rice hulls, if you want them, bring some sort of vessel to put them in.. bag, bucket, whatever. I will probably not have bags, I'll forget. Except for the guy that wanted 6 pounds, I have you covered.

I'll be there until about 8PM so if you are late you are beat!

Congrats on the house! Where in Maple Shade are you moving?

Round the corner from the wawa off mainstreat basically :)

See everyone tomorrow!

I picked up a little to much C40 malt from the last group buy so I'll have about 8lbs of malt bagged by the pound for anyone who wants some... free of course. First come first serve!

See everyone tomorrow!

I picked up a little to much C40 malt from the last group buy so I'll have about 8lbs of malt bagged by the pound for anyone who wants some... free of course. First come first serve!

I can use it. I may be a little late there though

Just checked the weather and it looks like a very small chance of showers later tonight. We should be fine since its only a 13% chance and the sacks are double bagged. I'll see if I can bring something to cover the sacks in case it does rain. We'll just need to get this pallet split up as fast as we can just to be safe.

See everyone in a few hours!

The effort is well worth it when you consider the savings! Plus I got a few treats last night like some hops, bucket and a BEER! Have to wait a couple more weeks to try the beer but that to should be worth the wait!

Thanks to everyone who made it out and got the pallet cleared off so quickly!

Jeff - I also wanted to say thanks for organizing. We are all lucky to be able to do these group buys and you make it a seamless process. Enjoy the Ahtanum hops.

It was nice to meet some of you and see such a fine group of Home Brewers.

Lou - thanks for the carboys.

Seth - thanks for the rice hulls.

Yeah, Thank you Jeff for everything!! This has really helped me out in a HUGE way. Maybe next time I can chill and chat longer instead of being in a rush.

No problem guys! It was cool meeting everyone. If there wasn't so much gpoing on with splitting up the pallet, I could have talked with everyone more.

We should plan a big meet this summer.... chill back with some homebrews and bbq.

thanks for bringing this all together jeff!

Longke- I think your PM box might be full, pm me and we'll set up a time I can get that grain from you

You guys must be brewing a lot more then me! I can start up a new thread in a day or 2.

We'll have to figure out a new delivery location. NEMF wants us to make plan to far ahead of time for the split up. I think we've overstayed our welcome!

I'll look into a new delivery location. If anyone has access to a loading dock, that would really help out.

We'll have to figure out a new delivery location. NEMF wants us to make plan to far ahead of time for the split up. I think we've overstayed our welcome!

I'll look into a new delivery location. If anyone has access to a loading dock, that would really help out.

I have been canvassing some people from our homebrew club for a loading dock we can use for group buy #5.

One of our members has access to a loading dock but he had a couple questions he needed answered, here they are:

Does the truck that would deliver the shipment has a lift gate or not? It would be needed to get the grain on to the dock.

Or do they use a large trailer that backs right up to the dock?

There are extra fees for needing a liftgate and/or pallet jack.

I'm starting up #5 this after noon and we can figure something out before delivery comes. I might just switch over to another delivery company.

There are extra fees for needing a liftgate and/or pallet jack.

I'm starting up #5 this after noon and we can figure something out before delivery comes. I might just switch over to another delivery company.

so the truck needs to be able to back up to the dock? correct?

and then someone needs to unload the pallet?

Yeah, the truck would back right up and someone would have to unload.
I'm waiting to hear back from someone about a spot for delivery also.

Everyone look out forthe 5th GB starting this afternoon!

okay I will pass the info on and let you know if it will work for a large truck and someone to unload

the place is in Riverside

I talked with my brother and he said he can have the pallet delivered to his work place in Paulsboro and unload it with a fork lift. The only thing is that we cannot divide up the pallet there but he is willing to drop the pallet off wherever we want. This might be a solution. Let me know what you all think.

Back