HBT NFL '08 thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MNF is on like Donkey Kong (when was the last time you heard that one!?!)

Cowboys are kickin' some Eagle ass tonight. Bring it on, ya bunch of haters!

MNF is on like Donkey Kong (when was the last time you heard that one!?!)

Cowboys are kickin' some Eagle ass tonight. Bring it on, ya bunch of haters!

Sparky, your team has the distinct privilege to be hated by many when there good or bad. Kind of like the Yankees so in a wierd sort of way that's good for you.

:cross:

I'm new but... I thought since I know nothing about homebrewing, except that I want to get into it, that I would post on a topic I know at least something about.

-And what I know is that the Broncos have Bronc'n'stomped their way to a 2-0 record and that their offense is unstoppable. Who cares about the Eagles and Cowboys. You're all too wrapped in your make believe league to see who's gonna end up on top.

Anyway, thought I would rep for Denver since no one on this forum seems be doing it now. At least in this entire thread.

Sparky - I'll give you this weeks game. Next week will be a little different story. See, Romo is heading home and he's been longing to share his favorite samich recipe with Jessica only chowed down in the Milwaukee area.

08sm.jpg

But his favorite local butcher, and ardent Packer fan stuffs a little e-coli & madcow into the beef. Who's your backup QB again?

:D

C'mon. The Cardinals are sitting pretty at 2-0, just having whipped up on the mighty Dolphins. What more could you ask for?

:D I sense some sarcasm there Sparky, but since you ask... Maybe since I'm a transplant, seeing a game I care about OR at the least, seeing a game that is entertaining.

I'd rather watch the Vikes than the Cards... but to each his own.

Edit: At least the NFCN has some good competition within the conference. (Not including the Lions. Sorry Lion fans.)

I'm new but... I thought since I know nothing about homebrewing, except that I want to get into it, that I would post on a topic I know at least something about.

-And what I know is that the Broncos have Bronc'n'stomped their way to a 2-0 record and that their offense is unstoppable. Who cares about the Eagles and Cowboys. You're all too wrapped in your make believe league to see who's gonna end up on top.

Anyway, thought I would rep for Denver since no one on this forum seems be doing it now. At least in this entire thread.

Welcome to HBT. With that said, Bolts were robbed!! 1st time with the review equip "malfunctioning" and the second being an admittedly bad call on the refs part. Bolts will rebound.

QUOTE]

Broncos couldn't win 5 games in the NFC east.

Romo just screwed the pooch!

EDIT:

Scratch that!

DeSean Jackson wins the Football Darwin Award!

I almost sharted when I saw that. What a bonehead. At least it robbed the_bird of 6 fantasy points in his effort to beat me this week. :D (Although with the way that the first half went I don't think that I stand much of a chance of having my points lead hold up).

As a Giant's man, I just wish there was some way that this game tonight could end with both Cowboys and Eagles losing...

Haha I couldn't agree more! And Sparky the G-Men didn't win their division last year but they still won the conference and the super bowl!

The eagles let Romo the homo get way to comfortable in the pocket. Also TO (What an a-hole) is just too fast to let him run free. Teams need to start knocking him around.

What a game! I was hootin' and hollerin' last night. SWMBO had to control me so I didn't wake the squids.

BTW - I'm not a Giants hater. I just gotta talk some trash to the division rivals. Last year I was stoked when they won the superbowl. No doubt they have a good team, as do the Cowboys and Eagles. The Redskins aren't bad, but I think they're going to have a rough go in the division. I forsee many more great NFC East games this year. The rest of the league should be shaking in their boots.

Man, I love football season when you have a good team to root for!!!

Last night's game was entertaining, but where was the defense?? I'm just glad the Eagles lost, even if it meant the Cowboys winning. I picked the point total last night to be 55 and I thought that was high. I never would've guessed 78!

I am not liking my FFB teams. The one league where I have the most points in is a QB/WR league...and I'm 0-2. The rest of my teams with normal scoring I have less points and am 2-0 and 1-1....effing BS

So did anyone get screwed on the Scoring of the Seattle touchdown? One guy in my league did, it actually cost him a win......The defense recovered a fumble, then that guy fumbled it, it was recovered by another Defense player, which made the defense the offense, so the score did not get charged to the defense......

Thats Yahoo's explanation......:confused:

Just glad it wasn't me..

I have the Seakawks in one of my ESPN leagues and it has 6 pts in the fumble return td category. Count or not, it wouldn't have hurt that team this week - I had a bye.

Game of the year so far. If Rodgers is going to falter, you would think it might be this game. I'm a little surprised that Dallas' D wasn't more formitable last week, so it'll be interesting to see whether they do any better this week.

Pats-Fish should be an ugly game, but I'll be very surprised if they don't pull it off. I'd take the points if I were betting, though; I don't see them winning by 12. This is going to be a season of 17-14 games.

Wow! I'm shocked. Unless the 'boys fold, they'll roll 'em and smoke 'em like they did last year.

The Packers haven't been tested yet this year. This week will be very different for them.

I will say this. Rodgers did play well last year when he played the Cowboys when Favre was hurt. They've got some tape on him now and will develop their game plan based on that. I don't think he'll be running free this time.

I think we'll start to see if it's the NE system or people will maintain that Brady is the best QB EVAR!

For those championships, it was the system + great QB. Now it is the same solid system, but I highly doubt this QB is anymore than half as good as TB...

I really don't know on the GB/Dallas game. I think it's more of a pick-em game to me. I could see either one win and not be surprised but I think it'll be an entertaining game.

It'll be interesting to see how Rodgers does when behind. Does he do Favre stunts (chancy tosses/picks) or try and approach it calmly. This could be that test if the Packers db's fail and pressure isn't on Romo.

I'm obviosuly going for the packers to pull of a win this weekend :D

I was surprised that the G-Men are getting 14.5 in the pool that I am in. Im hoping for another blow out!

Cowboys vs. Packers? I hate it when either of them win, so I'm hoping for a tie. :D

Back