Home Brew store around Shreveport?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasrkin

Reaction score
Hey gang,

are there ANY homebrew stores close to Shreveport? not liking what google's showing me, so i figure there might be something that's not really listed, if y'all know of anything that's not too too far out, please let me know!

Thanks!

-b

Hi Kasrkin, Bob Carbone(pronounced Carboney) in Grand Cane has a small operation where he sells beer supplies and ingredients out of a shed at his house. it sounds kinda funny but it is a legit operation. He won AHA's gold medal in 2003 or something like that. I got the chance to try it while I was out there. It was quite amazing! Anyway look him up on google to get his number. He is a super nice guy and really knows his stuff. I emailed him a recipe and by the time I got there he had it all together and crushed the grains for me right there. Anytime I need something I try to go through him to support the local scene. Spread the word! :mug:

Hey gang,

are there ANY homebrew stores close to Shreveport? not liking what google's showing me, so i figure there might be something that's not really listed, if y'all know of anything that's not too too far out, please let me know!

Thanks!

-b

There is a new Homebrew Store opening on Line Avenue today.

Just want to post the name and address for anyone that googles home brew shop shreveport.

855 Pierremond Rd. #124 in Shreveport's Town Oaks Square shopping center (next to Superior Steakhouse).

The owner is very friendly and helpful. Not to mention they have great prices.

Do you guys have a name and ph.# for this place? I stopped by over at Bob's shop yesterday in Grand Cane and he told me that he shut the shop down jan. 1st...retired. Sad cause that was my closest HBS and he's a cool dude. He told me there was a shop in Shreveport but didnt have the number or adress at hand.

Thanks,

Thanks! yea I ventured over there the other day and we made a mess outta his shop putting together the grain bill for a batch of Ed Worts robust porter... Super nice guy!! very helpful and he's got a really nice collection of microbrews goin there.

Bob was great while he was there. he will be missed. He is by far the most knowledgable brewer we have in NW LA

Bob was great while he was there. he will be missed. He is by far the most knowledgable brewer we have in NW LA

Completely agree! I'm really glad that we've got Brewniverse though, every time i go in there their selection gets a bit better, i figure they'll have just about anything you could need before too too long..

Completely agree! I'm really glad that we've got Brewniverse though, every time i go in there their selection gets a bit better, i figure they'll have just about anything you could need before too too long..

They are learning, and if you know ahead of time, They will special order waht you need. In fact I need to go up and get my Belgian Pilsner malt.

Does anyone know what bob did with all of his stuff??

I don't think he just stopped brewing completely did he? i think it was more retiring from the shop aspect of it? I don't really know, I haven't really heard the details..

I doubt he retired from brewing. But he does have a ton of stuff. Too much for one brewer. I'd like to get my hands on that Blichmann fermenter if it's going for a good price.

He should do a retirement sale, but I have a feeling he's not going to retire for good. Something tells me he'll still sells to his brew club. Probably at a discount.

I doubt he retired from brewing. But he does have a ton of stuff. Too much for one brewer. I'd like to get my hands on that Blichmann fermenter if it's going for a good price.

He should do a retirement sale, but I have a feeling he's not going to retire for good. Something tells me he'll still sells to his brew club. Probably at a discount.

You and me both! And if you hear anything about him trying to get rid of some of his stuff would you please post in here about it? I would definitely be interested!

theres a brew shop in shreveport?!? oh that just made my day right there. Im here in lake charles and we have one about 10mins away and i got spoiled haha. im moving back to the shreveport area and was kinda depressed leaving the shop behind here and being without it. but now im pumped knowing theres one up there hahaha

Back