Nothern California Homebrew Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
So, looks like early reg is open for this event. Has anyone on here gone to this thing before? It says that people over 2 years old are require to register so I'm wondering, is this kid friendly? I know you can taste some beers but how much is actually provided? Is the Friday night dinner worth the $40? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Thanks!

I am hoping to go.
and yes... the dinner is worth it. :tank:

Kid friendly... maybe not. But that would depend on your child.
Think lots of brewers, tasting booths, club booths and alcohol -- on steroids.

A bunch of Mad Zymurgists will be up there this year. It should be a blast.

I found some guys from The Draught board brewing club that take their kids to it. I think I'll go with my little ones anyway, looks like they'll be fine. I won't let them have more than one or two, that's for sure! From what I hear it's a blast. I was originally wondering how much of my own beer to bring for personal consumption but it appears it might not be necessary to bring much at all!

I'm planning on attending with SWMBO. TwoHeadsBrewing was planning on going, but I'm not sure what his plans are currently. I've never been, I wanted to make it last year but things came up.

Speaking of NCHF questions, if someone could weigh in on pets that would be cool. My dog has been going with me on all the rest of my trips this summer, but I'm not sure about this one. Info on their website says dogs are allowed, but I'd like to get a feeling for the attitude. IE - "yeah, i guess you can bring a dog" or "oh yeah tons of people do it and it's not a problem"

...Speaking of NCHF questions, if someone could weigh in on pets that would be cool. My dog has been going with me on all the rest of my trips this summer, but I'm not sure about this one. Info on their website says dogs are allowed, but I'd like to get a feeling for the attitude. IE - "yeah, i guess you can bring a dog" or "oh yeah tons of people do it and it's not a problem"

As per the website:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Although, Dogs are permitted in Lake Francis Resort, we ask that there be NO Dogs at the Friday Dinner or running loose on the NCHF Festival Grounds. To that end, dogs may be allowed in the festival area as long as they are on a leash and confined in a participant booth.[/FONT]

Back