Which one is the homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revvy's recipe is great. Very versatile as I subbed the yeast and hops to match what I had available (but still similar to what he used) and still came out with a tasty brew that was very similar to Leffe.

Will be dropping my son off at an event today close to the Homebrew Store. May have to just pick up the ingredients for this again...

Really hard to judge the clarity in that photo, so it's difficult to make an informed guess, but I'd say left is the homebrew.

Hey Kombat,

I just realized what may have also caused some of the clarity issues. The New Belgium glass is etched on the inside bottom to create nucleation sites for CO2 to bubble and escape to aid with head formation and aroma. All of these bubbles rising also makes the beer look a little hazy.

Last night I tried a beer that I used Gelatin in for the first time. I was very disappointed in the results thinking the beer was still rather hazy. I held the glass up to the light and could see lots of bubbles erupting up the middle which definitely affected the clarity. Will have to just use a regular glass next time to judge clarity or do comparisons.

Im making a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone currently. When its done, I will submit a picture with an actual Sierra Nevada Pale ale

Back