Lacing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorongil

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm still don't understand the full importance of lacing, but when I saw this (from a modified batch of Ed's Haus):

it did bring a bit of joy to my day... And, no, I don't rush my drinking...

From following lots of threads on here it seems the best lace comes from using a lil' bit of flaked wheat in your brew. I haven't tried it yet myself, but it's on the list of things I want to try in the near future.

I've always taken lacing as a sign of a healthy beer. I'm always skeptical of the beers of mine that don't have it.

If I remember correctly, it means you had good protein development that would tend to have good head retention along with the lacing.

Info on how you modified please, looks like a good lace on that beer and I like it. :)

I didn't do much... just added .25 oz of 13% aa Galena FWH, and an additional .25 oz of Cascade at 5 min to Ed's basic recipe (and substituted SafAle US-05 since the LHBS was out of Notty)...

You still didn't explain the girlie-man sip lace-lines.... ;)

typotux (13).gif That's funny stuff.

Hey, I have a Scotch-drinking habit as well, ;) LOL.:rockin:

Cool, man I see your hop subs and think that should taste awesome.

Definitely shifts the profile to the hop side... 48 IBU's is what Beer Alchemy tells me. I think it's very nice and refreshing; hoppy, but not quite an IPA...

Back