Water Filter Identification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qoheleth

Reaction score
Hey everybody-

I was given this water filter setup from a parishoner who knows I brew, and I was hoping when I opened it there'd be something identifiable on the cartridges to let me know what I'll need to buy for it, but aside from "MADE IN USA" and "This end up," there's nothing. The cartridges are approx 10" tall and below you can see how they connect to the housing. (They just slide into place and are sealed with the blue rubber rings.

I've always just used tap water filtered through a Britta attachment and am a noob at anything more complex...

(And yes, I know Google's my friend, but I thought I'd toss this out here in case anyone looks at this and can say, "Oh, yeah, of course, that's...")

Here are the pics. Thanks!

housing-and-filters-58552.jpg

top-58553.jpg

Standard 10" filter housings. Nothing out of the ordinary.

If I were you, I'd toss hte filters and put back in their place exactly what you need/want.

I'd do a 1 micron sediment filter:
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/10-purtrex-sediment-filter.html

Followed by a carbon block based on your waters needs.

The cartridge on the right almost loos like DI resin. The one on the left, no telling without more pictures.

The cartridge on the right almost loos like DI resin. The one on the left, no telling without more pictures.

That's what i thought at first, but the DI cartridges I have can be disassembled to replace the resin. Those don't appear to be rechargeable. Probably a charcoal and a sub micron cartridge.

Back