Russian River

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
I went to Russian River while I was in CA last week!

IMG_0152.jpg

this was painted on the back entrance window...I chuckled.

IMG_0154.jpg

Got to try some of the famous beer that we can't get here on the east coast. I had a couple Pliny's and another IPA....They were unfortunately out of Blind Pig. I loved the beer and the food was good too. Also picked up a Pliny the Elder and Pliny for President t-shirt! It was well worth the trip. I was in San Fran for a week but we also spent a day up in Napa and Santa Rosa so I had to stop in.

we also stopped here later that day

IMG_0159.jpg

Very jealous. Although I can't complain because of their recent increase in distribution. :D

It's on my list of places to road trip on the way to Seattle. The problem is scrounging up enough time. :mug:

Russian River makes some awesome beers. Just got a chance to try Blind Pig and Pliny is a favorite of mine. Get any shots of the inside of the pub?

unfortunately my camera's CCD sensor decided to begin to fail on this trip. I have about 10 pics out of 230 that are not purple. I don't have any decent pics of the inside to post. this was just the pub anyway, the brewery was offsite.

I'm sure you remembered to bring some back for your friends, right? :D

hey hey now.....buddy....you know airlines have rules about that stuff now. I wish I could have brought some back but I'm not about to pack some bombers into my suitcase and expect the baggage handlers and TSA not to either break them or steal them.

Looks like it was a sweet time. I've never had any of their beers, at least I have never seen them in the PA stores I have been to. Maybe in Philly...

hey hey now.....buddy....you know airlines have rules about that stuff now. I wish I could have brought some back but I'm not about to pack some bombers into my suitcase and expect the baggage handlers and TSA not to either break them or steal them.

We packed 17 bottles of wine into our suitcases on the way back from france and not one was broken or stolen. Hell, the airline actually lost one of the bags with wine in it, and found it the next day, and delivered it to my house, and everything was STILL intact. As long as you cushion them like you'd cushion beer when shipping for swaps and comps, you should be okay.

We packed 17 bottles of wine into our suitcases on the way back from france and not one was broken or stolen. Hell, the airline actually lost one of the bags with wine in it, and found it the next day, and delivered it to my house, and everything was STILL intact. As long as you cushion them like you'd cushion beer when shipping for swaps and comps, you should be okay.

See Todd, no excuses. :D

Russian River or Bear Republic? It was always a tough choice which route to take and stops to make.

Yes, I do plan my travels around breweries. Mt. Shasta in Weed, CA is just about half way between Portland and S.F. Right off of I5, if you're not taking the coastal route.

Back