• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Electric keggle & hard-plumbed wort chiller- $180+shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrat2468

Reaction score
So like many of those here, I suffer from EHD- Extreme Hobby Disorder. I got into home brewing less than a year ago, and here I am building e-kettles. I have bigger plans in store, but need to clear some room.

For sale: a 15-gallon keg with a 4500W heating element, stainless steel ball valve, built-in immersion wort chiller, and handles to boot!

I just brewed a 5-gallon batch of Amber Ale & had plenty of power to spare (i.e.- you could easily do 10 gallon batches). The wort chiller is 3/8" copper, and had no problem getting the wort to 72 F in ~30 minutes (used an ice bath pre-chiller for the hose water towards the end). You may want to build some version of a electric control box to regulate the element (mine is not for sale), but the brew shouldn't get out of control even if you plugged the heater straight in to a 240V outlet.

**UPDATE** Thanks for everyone's interest in this. A fellow brewer has purchased this item. I'd delete this post, but am a little unfamiliar with this forum, and how to do so.

ekeggle_1.jpg

ekeggle_3.jpg

ekeggle_4.jpg

"For Sale - Electric keggle & hard-plumbed wort chiller- $180+shipping"

Back