Chocolate Covered BEAVR Nutz question about the peanut butter powder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffin

Reaction score
So I'm about to rack this beer to the secondary - the recipe says to

1) rack on top of the peanut butter powder (and 1/4 cup of cocoa powder), 2) 3 days later add the cocoa nibs
3) Age 7 days, then Keg or Bottle.

I usually age in the secondary for everything - does anyone see any problem just racking and letting all this sit for 4 months in the secondary? I don't see how it would pick up much flavor from the peanut butter and chocolate if it's just in there for 7 days.

I followed the directions from this kit and did not really get much peanut butter flavor. Next time I am going to let it sit in secondary longer. Not sure if 4 months would be too much. My siphon did get clogged with the peanut butter powder as I got abot 3 or 4 inches from the bottom of my carboy and had to stop siphoning.

I followed the directions from this kit and did not really get much peanut butter flavor. Next time I am going to let it sit in secondary longer. Not sure if 4 months would be too much. My siphon did get clogged with the peanut butter powder as I got abot 3 or 4 inches from the bottom of my carboy and had to stop siphoning.

Thanks for the reply how1, when you followed the directions - did you keg or bottle? How long did your keg or bottles condition before you tried it? Get better with age?

Back