rinsing after sanitation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrewr4fun

Reaction score
After sanitizing my brewing items including brew pot and bucket. Do I need to rinse everything with boiled water? How long should water boil before it is considered sanitary?

There is a lot of info on this site about sanitation, sterilization, and cleaning. You can search any of those terms and the important threads will be a "sticky" thread.
But to answer your question with a question... what are you sanitizing with? Does the product say that you need to rinse? I use starsan which is a no rinse sanitizer. I spray it on and let it sit. "One step" is another "no rinse sanitizer", but for whatever reason, I can't seem to resist the urge to rinse after using it. In all the brewing I've done I've never once rinsed with boiling water. oh, and sinse you will be boiling your wort in your brew kettle, there is no reason to sanitize it, only clean it after the brew.
good luck buddy! you can start here

There is a lot of info on this site about sanitation, sterilization, and cleaning. You can search any of those terms and the important threads will be a "sticky" thread.
But to answer your question with a question... what are you sanitizing with? Does the product say that you need to rinse? I use starsan which is a no rinse sanitizer. I spray it on and let it sit. "One step" is another "no rinse sanitizer", but for whatever reason, I can't seem to resist the urge to rinse after using it. In all the brewing I've done I've never once rinsed with boiling water. oh, and sinse you will be boiling your wort in your brew kettle, there is no reason to sanitize it, only clean it after the brew.
good luck buddy! you can start here

+1
Don't waste time sanitizing things that won't need it. Only the items that will contact the cooled wort/ beer require sanitizing. Home brewing is more fun when you can simplify the process.:mug:

Back