Beersmith Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alebelly788

Reaction score
So I thought about buying this software but when it came time to get it I saw that they want my phone number. I'm just not sure if I trust that.... so do you guys recommend it or should I stay away from it?

alebelly788 said:
So I thought about buying this software but when it came time to get it I saw that they want my phone number. I'm just not sure if I trust that.... so do you guys recommend it or should I stay away from it?

Beer smith is legit. That may be required for credit card verification, or for informational needs on their side. Read the FAQ on privacy If you have any concerns.

I bought the disk and not over the web. My guess is they are asking for your number incase there is I.T. Issues and they need to call you. It is a totally legit program and works great.

I have and it was your standard legal wording, I just wanted to make sure it was ok by other people who have it.

Where are you ordering from? beersmith.com? Or somewhere else? If directly from beersmith, that is where I bought mine from. Can't recall if they asked for phone number or not, but I have not had any issues.

BeerSmith is a great program, I ordered it from them online just before they upgraded to BSII, the update was free. Don't remember giving them a phone number. Maybe?

Where are you buying it from? Phone numbers aren't usually required for a credit card purchase online. Not that I recall.

Back