Label Peelers says longer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theveganbrewer said:
When I win the 550 million megamillion tonight I'll buy Label Peelers, their distributor, and the Idaho hop farm and ship all your hops tomorrow afternoon.

So, when will we see VeganPeelers? And VeganUnion hops? Did you win?

I've gotten my Hop Union pellet orders from two other vendors(weeks ago BTW) that included Citra and Amarillo, still nothing from LP. My LP order is only 1 Lb of Citra and 1 Lb of Centennial. I just don't understand how places all over the country are filling their orders in days, but a place that claims to be a mile from the Hop Union warehouse, and took pre-orders, is taking months. If I were the guy that gave back some of his Amarillo order and still wasn't refunded, I'd be pissed.

I think maybe they should have done what others did and release what they had when they got it. They might have sold out quick, but they wouldn't have had peoples money tied up for months, and they could have tried ordering elsewhere.

I did see that Yakama valley hops had 1/2 lb's of leaf Citra for sale at 9.99 and still had some left a few mins ago when I checked.

Has anyone canceled their order because of the delay?

I am kind of close to doing that. I can probably get the ones I ordered from farmhouse when they get more and pay less shipping to boot. I will give it until end of December but wouldn't be too surprised if my order gets cancelled before then.

My big thing on this is the lack of communication. If you are going to completely blow deadlines and additional new deadlines, then at least communicate. People want to know what is going on that's causing the delay and what they are doing to resolve it. Mass emails are not hard to send out.

My big thing on this is the lack of communication. If you are going to completely blow deadlines and additional new deadlines, then at least communicate. People want to know what is going on that's causing the delay and what they are doing to resolve it. Mass emails are not hard to send out.

I just logged into my account to look at the order status, and there was a long update message entered 11/22. Nothing new, same stuff we are already aware of, basically the same text I received in an email update a week or so ago. So while it is a generic "got less hops than we hoped for" message at least they have communicated through a couple channels.

Yeah I didn't get any email and I haven't seen any message on my account yet.

dbrewski said:
I just logged into my account to look at the order status, and there was a long update message entered 11/22. Nothing new, same stuff we are already aware of, basically the same text I received in an email update a week or so ago. So while it is a generic "got less hops than we hoped for" message at least they have communicated through a couple channels.

I was in there today picking up a black Friday order. They are so swamped filling orders no one is up front until someone walks in the door then they come out from the pack to help. They are still getting hops and filling the pre orders and the other orders from their weekend sale. They are running out of space. They had to move other inventory outside to make room for the stacks of hop boxes.

Just to clarify as well, they are not down the street from hopunion. They are down the street from ld Carlson the main distributor. They have to go to Carlson to pickup the hops as the hops come in there.

Yeah I tried to call them and the phone was busy several times in a row. Must be super busy. Like an accountant in March.

Chill out people. Did any other vendors take pre-orders this year? Might they be just a LITTLE busy as a result of their choice to do so? They're only human, and we're only making beer, not curing illness.

sudsmcgee said:
Chill put people. Did anyone any other vendors take pre-orders this year? Might they be just a LITTLE busy as a result of their choice to do so? They're only human, and we're only making beer not curing illness.

I had this horrible knee pain for about a week. No reason I could find that it hurt. Couldnt exercise, had trouble navigating stairs.

Had a few bottles of a lovely yeasty hefeweizen one night and awoke the next day pain free. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I think it was the beer.

I ordered two pounds last Friday during the sale. One of the few places with Nelson Sauvin pounds and the only place I could find Sorachi Ace. Only had SA by the oz, but with 20% discount, I went ahead and ordered a pound. Labelpeelers charged my card Monday, but order status was still processing. I figured they were slammed from the sale, no biggie. Got a call yesterday that SA ozs weren't in, but they'd gotten pounds in and could refund me the 10$ more ozs would have cost. Got tracking and credit info in under an hour after I got off the phone with Matt. Will definitely be ordering from labelpeelers again.

Chill out people. Did any other vendors take pre-orders this year? Might they be just a LITTLE busy as a result of their choice to do so? They're only human, and we're only making beer, not curing illness.

I would understand if they were processing the hops themselves,(bagging, pelletizing) but as far as I know, they are just a distributor.

When I receive the exact same product from a number of other distributors in days, I will be upset with the distributor that has had my money for many weeks without any product to show for it.

It's business...simple as that. If you can't satisfy your orders that you've had people pre-pay for in a timely manner, that's bad business.

whitehause said:
I would understand if they were processing the hops themselves,(bagging, pelletizing) but as far as I know, they are just a distributor.

When I receive the exact same product from a number of other distributors in days, I will be upset with the distributor that has had my money for many weeks without any product to show for it.

It's business...simple as that. If you can't satisfy your orders that you've had people pre-pay for in a timely manner, that's bad business.

Agreed you should never exceed your ability to deliver good customer service. Maybe I've been spoiled by service from places like Amazon but its what I expect now.

I believe this is the first time they offered a pre-pay option, and I think it overwhelmed them. They probably won't do it again, or at least they will create more reasonable cutoffs.

The bottom line is that they were the only company to allow pre-orders that I am aware of. We are lucky they even did this.

sudsmcgee said:
I believe this is the first time they offered a pre-pay option, and I think it overwhelmed them. They probably won't do it again, or at least they will create more reasonable cutoffs.

The bottom line is that they were the only company to allow pre-orders that I am aware of. We are lucky they even did this.

+1. I'd much rather have the guarantee of hops and wait a couple months than have to check some website every 15 minutes to see if they've released and sold out. I hope people bitching doesn't affect them doing this next year.

graduate said:
I don't see the guarantee.

Before I even purchased, I called and asked if buying the preorder was a guarantee of getting the hops and was assured that it was. If I didn't end up getting hops I preordered I would be requesting some serious butt kissing on their part if they expected to to retain me as a repeat customer.

Before I even purchased, I called and asked if buying the preorder was a guarantee of getting the hops and was assured that it was. If I didn't end up getting hops I preordered I would be requesting some serious butt kissing on their part if they expected to to retain me as a repeat customer.

There are already people that aren't getting their full orders. They have gone so far as too call people and ask them to take less hops than they ordered or switch to something else.

If you set a date, you need to stick to it. Yes **** happens, but being in business myself, you can't take peoples money and then give excuses for weeks on end and not expect people to be upset. It may very well be the suppliers that dropped the ball, but the suppliers didn't take the pre-orders and have people pay up front, so the blame lies with LP.

Did they make a mistake with the pre orders?....it would appear so. Will they do this again? I don't think they will. I think they now realize why all the other vendors release their hops as they get them. I'm just glad I didn't put all my eggs in one basket with them, but I'm sure a lot of other people did.

whitehause said:
There are already people that aren't getting their full orders. They have gone so far as too call people and ask them to take less hops than they ordered or switch to something else.

If you set a date, you need to stick to it. Yes **** happens, but being in business myself, you can't take peoples money and then give excuses for weeks on end and not expect people to be upset. It may very well be the suppliers that dropped the ball, but the suppliers didn't take the pre-orders and have people pay up front, so the blame lies with LP.

Did they make a mistake with the pre orders?....it would appear so. Will they do this again? I don't think they will. I think they now realize why all the other vendors release their hops as they get them. I'm just glad I didn't put all my eggs in one basket with them, but I'm sure a lot of other people did.

You're totally correct. I think maybe they thought that with the huge amount of cash involved in securing that amount of hops they felt better knowing they were all sold, and underestimated the incredible demand of the market; who knows. I got my hops and it will get me through another year. I hope everyone else gets what they were after, and I hope next year is a better year for supply.

I got my 2012 hops 2 weeks ago from yakimavalleyhops.com - Fast deliver and great pricing. However, they did not have Amarillo or some other varieties.
Also, None of the bags had hop union listed on them *Shruggs* - I dunno

Moderator Edit: theneighbrohood is the owner of or runs Yakima Valley Hops. I'm leaving this post up so that members here can interpret this posting and respond as they think appropriate.

Pappers_

I have emailed 3 freakin times and have yet to get a response. The fact that they weren't able to fulfill their orders is one thing, the lack of communication is another...but more than anything I didn't buy my Citra hops from farmhousebrewsupply because I "bought" these literally the day before. One thing for sure...I'm done with this freakin company.

...I know that other people are getting their orders. Any suggestions?

theneighbrohood said:
I got my 2012 hops 2 weeks ago from yakimavalleyhops.com - Fast deliver and great pricing. However, they did not have Amarillo or some other varieties.
Also, None of the bags had hop union listed on them *Shruggs* - I dunno

Moderator Edit: theneighbrohood is the owner of or runs Yakima Valley Hops. I'm leaving this post up so that members here can interpret this posting and respond as they think appropriate.

Pappers_

That's kinda like advertising, being helpful, informative, and spamming the forum all at the same time. Feel like they coulda just said hey we got em if your lookin for em instead of posing as a fake satisfied customer.

KeyWestBrewing said:
That's kinda like advertising, being helpful, informative, and spamming the forum all at the same time. Feel like they coulda just said hey we got em if your lookin for em instead of posing as a fake satisfied customer.

It's not really helpful if it's an outright lie.

highgravitybacon said:
It's not really helpful if it's an outright lie.

I didn't go to the site and check the credibility of whether or not they had the hops after reading the post. If they do, it helps people get what they can't find. The rest..... well you got the picture.

I have emailed 3 freakin times and have yet to get a response. The fact that they weren't able to fulfill their orders is one thing, the lack of communication is another...but more than anything I didn't buy my Citra hops from farmhousebrewsupply because I "bought" these literally the day before. One thing for sure...I'm done with this freakin company.

...I know that other people are getting their orders. Any suggestions?

That sucks man, I had a satisfactory experience with them. Try calling maybe:
sure there is an 800 number on their website or the number I have is 234-678-5496.

I emailed them at 11:59pm from the live chat section of their website, Matt emailed me back at 12:14. I just clicked on the live chat button (it said closed, click here to leave a message). The email address ended up being [email protected].

I'm really starting to get pissed. Next friday they will have had my money for 2 months! Something has to happen soon. I've been patient but this is getting ridiculous. This is a terrible way to treat customers. If you can't fill orders in a reasonable time then offer to return the money or ask if you want to continue to wait for maybe.

They do not answer emails and their phone is busy every time I tried to call them. I am trying to cancel part or all of my order, but they won't respond. I am not pissed off yet, but if I had not stocked up on hops elsewhere I would be. I think these are good guys trying to make a living that are in over their heads on this one.

OK my bad, just got an email response from them. I had run out of ways to contact them and just used their "contact us" page about 5-6 days ago. They addressed my issue (cancelling part of my order), were nice about it, and added this:

We received an update last Friday and we were informed that the pre-order hops were coming in December 10th (1 week from today). It appears that the crop was a bit behind what HopUnion estimated as their original crop harvest date. Because we are located 2 miles down the road from the national supplier of all homebrew shops, LD Carlson and pick up inventory orders 5 days a week, as soon as they arrive from HopUnion, we will be able to pick them up and ship them out immediately. My best estimate would be that the majority will be shipped out next week.

I apologize for the delay in getting them out to you. HopUnion only packaged and shipped one month’s worth of these hops to LD Carlson and did not foresee that they needed to package up the entire crop to meet all of the homebrew shops in the US’s demands for them. It was really out of our hands but as soon as they come in from HopUnion to LD Carlson, we will work around the clock to get them out to you.

Ok. Pissed might be a strong word. I guess frustrated with the way this is going. No communication from them and the inability to contact them or be contacted by them.

OK my bad, just got an email response from them. I had run out of ways to contact them and just used their "contact us" page about 5-6 days ago. They addressed my issue (cancelling part of my order), were nice about it, and added this:

That's good to hear, but it looks like the same E-mail that has been sent a couple times, just with a different date. I hope it's true though.

I didn't go to the site and check the credibility of whether or not they had the hops after reading the post. If they do, it helps people get what they can't find. The rest..... well you got the picture.

They definitely had the hops, I ordered a pound of citra. Great price, incredibly fast delivery (order shipped 1 hours after ordering, here in three days) however it was only ~15 oz. So still not sure if the trade off of getting it sooner is worth getting shorted... luckily I still have some leftover and hopefully will get some from LP soon.

Yeah I really hope its true I was about to cancel my order but decided to check this thread just in case to see if anyone started getting their orders. I am kind of tired of reading "Because we are located 2 miles down the road from the national supplier of all homebrew shops, LD Carlson and pick up inventory orders 5 days a week". He must be using that canned response feature in gmail. I guess I can wait a bit longer but it sucks because the longer you wait the more likely other places will run out of the varieties you want.

Back