Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is for our Mosaic hopped extra pale ale.

Screen Shot 2014-01-09 at 3.48.20 PM.jpg

zdbrown1, I really hate to be that guy but on your Pale to the Chief label, "American" is spelled wrong, unless you meant to spell it that way.

Still pretty rough...I'll finish it when i put it on the finished product and see how the colors work with the color of mead....I think it will be a good match...but i might mess with the color levels a bit.

A labeled beer, even with an unispired label is infinitely better than the best unbeered label. :mug:

yea one of these days ill sit down and design something different but for now i just started brewing and the labels were free on the site. i didnt have access to a color printer at work so, black and white it was. i agree though its better to have a plain label than no label at all. thanks for the encouragement

These are so artistic and personal. I like looking at them. Keep it up guys! And ladies, I don't want to leave ya'll out. I hope to be as creative when I start to make labels.

Nice work morbster I like the professional quality of the label and the attention to the typography involved. This is a nice thread I like seeing everyone's labels. I certainly can't wait to design a label for my first batch once it's all bottled up. When you guys are using milk as an adhesive, what kind of paper are you usually printing on?

Nice work morbster I like the professional quality of the label and the attention to the typography involved. This is a nice thread I like seeing everyone's labels. I certainly can't wait to design a label for my first batch once it's all bottled up. When you guys are using milk as an adhesive, what kind of paper are you usually printing on?

Thanks JakeSparrow, I appreciate the compliments. Nevertheless, I must give google the credit for the brunt of the creative work. I simply took a picture of an old beer label and modified it to my liking.

As for the paper, I've just been using the normal paper that's in our office printers. I think the type of printer may play a larger role than the paper itself. At my office, the printed paper comes out with a slight gloss on it, which is great for avoiding smudged colors.

rlmiller nothing wrong with simple it gets the job done. However with some different fonts, more text, some texturing and borders/framing it would take that same simple label and make it pop.

My wife designed this label for an upcoming brew festival. Recently changed the name to Tonic No. 3 since it was the third batch of Amber ale.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390672829.400155.jpg. Fell in love with an old label and decided to go early 1900s in the design/name.

Morbster, that label is incredible nice to see something retro as well.

Morbster, that label is incredible nice to see something retro as well.

Thanks pal, I appreciate the kind words. This was the first label I'd designed, but I really enjoyed using a vintage label design. I may stick with similar themes in the future.

Ima huge LOTR fan...a friend of mine came up with this label idea....its probably been done before...this is my spin on it.

Back