South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 4!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized that I need my grain crushed. Can I have them do this for me, or will I need to spend yet more money and lose more space to another piece of equipment?
What part of Philly? If in the Northeast then I can do it for you.I'm in Delanco by Riverside and Beverly.

I'm in West Philly, but if anyone close to the pick up spot wouldn't mind milling the grain for me--there might be some beer in it for you :)

How often do you guys place these orders? I just found this thread and may like to jump on this order if possible. Could use some Maris Otter and Wheat malt... It's great to see some South Jersey folks on here!!

How often do you guys place these orders? I just found this thread and may like to jump on this order if possible. Could use some Maris Otter and Wheat malt... It's great to see some South Jersey folks on here!!

We do it whenever there is a demand. Every other month or so.

I have room for 3 more bags so if you want anything, post which brands you'd like.
Your order would fill our pallet!

does anyone have an extra abundance of rice hulls from the last grain buy?

If so I would take some off your hands at whatever price it was

thanks

Vince,
Sethga was the one who ordered the hulls last time... I'm sure he still has some if you want to send him a PM.... I might need some myself.

Vince,
Sethga was the one who ordered the hulls last time... I'm sure he still has some if you want to send him a PM.... I might need some myself.

Word from the warehouse is there is quite an abundance of rice hulls... yes... :mug: PM me who needs what and I'll work on it.

If the grain pickup is a mon,tues,or wed I can't make it, but I live very close to the pickup area and can meet people whenever on other days, or before 3PM sun-wed... Steve actually has the hulls out in West Chester PA so if a pickup in that area is better that's an option as wel.

Only 2 bags away. I can ened it how it stands and it would only increase shipping per bag by like $0.20
I'll give it another 24hours in case hackbrew decides to join in or if anyone else wants to pick up an extra bag.

If there is no interest by tomorrow night, I'll work up everyones invoice.

I'd like to get a couple lbs of rice hulls too. If available. Thanks

MidatlanticMaineiac, I'll split the wheat with you. CM is fine with me.

there are 2/3 sack of amber malt out there accounted for so if someone takes that last 1/3 it will add one more sack

any takers?....this would complete the order

I I could split some 1/2 or 1/3 bags that would be good for me... if not I'll wait until the next order.

My needs would be either Maris Otter, Wheat or Munich. Does that work for anyone?

I'd like to get 1x CM-2ROW, but if pickup day is on weekday I'll not be able to make it.
If somebody from NJ can pick it up for me I'll stop by on following weekend to get it.

b0r0da, welcome to the forums! I just added you to the GB and I can hold your bag for you. I'm in Maple Shade.

Kgfitz & hackbrew, let me know by tonight if you guys want to split a bag of munich.

Pallet is full! (Can squeeze that munich on if you guys need it).
Sending out order invoices tonight!

For any new guys, here's what's next:
I'll send everyone an invoice tonight with a breakdown on cost.
Payment can be made via PayPal, check, money order.
After all payments have been received, the order is placed and shipping is within 3-5 days.

@soonami, do you still need those bags milled?

@lordura, yes milled grain please.

It's not too much more money and no one is really close enough to make it easy (thanks for the offers though)

@lordura dude, big thanks for keeping us organized. I'll be sure to put together that ziplock of Magnum prior. matter of fact, I'd better do that now and make note of it before i forget.

b0r0da, welcome to the forums! I just added you to the GB and I can hold your bag for you. I'm in Maple Shade.

Kgfitz & hackbrew, let me know by tonight if you guys want to split a bag of munich.

Pallet is full! (Can squeeze that munich on if you guys need it).
Sending out order invoices tonight!
lordura,

Thanks a lot for organizing everything.
Payment is on it way.

Who is Roman?

When paying with Paypal, put your HBT name in the notes section. It'll be easier and there wont be any confusion about who paid.

lorura payment is on its way hope i did it right first time using paypal thanks for organizing every thing.. where is the pick up at? this is the first time getting grains like this

Sorry, I picked up the message moments ago. I didn't see an invoice so I assumed I missed it on this one. Either way no big deal, but I definitely want to be in on the next round. Thanks for doing all the leg work.

Hackbrew... if you guys can work out what bag you want today, I can still get it on for you. Just let me know and I'll send out an invoice for it.

Everyone who has paid, I'll update the "paid" status after work tonight. Thanks!

@ lordura I am kevin f. I tried to put my name in the subject but I think I screwed it up somehow

Did I get the payment right?

lorura payment is on its way hope i did it right first time using paypal thanks for organizing every thing.. where is the pick up at? this is the first time getting grains like this
This the 4th time, just 4-6 weeks ago was last one. PU is in Pensauken NJ at a freight co on Union ave?

This the 4th time, just 4-6 weeks ago was last one. PU is in Pensauken NJ at a freight co on Union ave?

i meant this is the first time i got in on the grain buy. i know you guys had other ones i just never stocked grains before. i dident think i would be brewing this much but its addicting

@ lordura I am kevin f. I tried to put my name in the subject but I think I screwed it up somehow
Did I get the payment right?
All is well. Thanks.

Lordura,
Pymt mailed today
Thanks i'll keep an eye out for it.

i meant this is the first time i got in on the grain buy. i know you guys had other ones i just never stocked grains before. i dident think i would be brewing this much but its addicting
The pickup is at 1618 Union Ave in Pennsauken, NJ 08110.
The freight company is closed on the weekends so Monday or Tuesday nights around 7ish work best for most of us. I'll post more details once everyone has paid and the order is placed.

Its very true about this being addicting! The whole reason i started doing these bulk buys is so i could cut down the cost of each brew... swmbo had it with me spending $25-$45 every three weeks to keep up my habit. Now for $45, i can get a sack of 2row, a pound of hops (hopsdirect.com) and some yeast! I can make those last a little longer to please the ruler of the house! haha.... so welcome to the group buy and i hope you join in for the following buys!:mug:

Back