Stainless shanks, worth it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evandam

Reaction score
Took a few of my Perlick taps off to clean, and my shanks looked nasty, almost rusted or just discolored. I'm thinking of upgrading to all stainless shanks. The shanks I have are of unknown origin. I usually just run hot water through them after a keg and then get go back to beer when I have it. Are the stainless ones worth it?

Yes they are worth it. I'm not always one to buy the best but I did with the shanks and taps after using taps on my buddies system. I did not want them to stick. I figured all perlick taps and stainless shanks would be the least trouble.

I already have Perlick taps, and you are right they are worth the extra bucks. My question is specifically about the SS shanks.

I took one apart to move it down a slot and the ss shank look like new inside. No corrosion after more than a year of use.

I use beer line cleaner on my lines and clean and flush them at each keg change.

Yea I need to get some of the BLC. I think I will go with the SS ones unless someone can tell me why they are not worth the money.

E

Latest posts

Back