Best Temp Controller for a Magic Chef 5.5 Chest Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zinger084

Reaction score
Hello all,

I got a new Magic Chef 5.5 Chest Freezer from Home Depot last night for $160 including tax. I thought it was a good deal and I am ready to spend more here shortly.

Can someone tell me what brand of temperature controller is decent and easy to use with this unit (freezer)? I would like to get one order today if possible and I have only read about a few different controllers.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The one that CHI company sells seems like a good deal, although i don't know how it works... its like 30 dollars

I bought a love controller at drillspot.com--arriving tomorrow. Sorry, can't tell you how well it works or how easy it will be to install yet, but at least I can point you to another option. The prices at drillspot seemed pretty good, and it's free 3-day shipping.

I got the TSX-10140.

I have a similar size chest freezer and use the Love controller. Works beautifully. Just be prepared to slice into your new freezer's electrical wiring!

I ended up taking the dive on a $60 unwired Ranco brand new. I am hoping it should work out well. Not it's onto a tank/sankey/hose kit. Suggestions for a good starting place?

I'm looking at one of these on cl. Does it easily fit two buckets plus air locks?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Also looking to get one of these off CL - anyone have one and can comment how many ball locks and/or carboys it can fit?

Also looking to get one of these off CL - anyone have one and can comment how many ball locks and/or carboys it can fit?

5.5 cubic feet will fit 2 ball lock kegs very easy. I don't think it will fit 3 without a collar.

Back