Beer stores in Lansing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyvail

Reaction score
My wife frequents the city of Lansing, MI, and I am looking for a quality supplier of ingredients and good beer. I live in the northern lower penninsula(I know, oxymoron but Michiganders understand) and do NOT have a ready supply unless ordered on-line. Thank you in advance!!!!

Things Beer is east of Lansing, in Webberville, off I-96.

I grew up in Lansing. Used to go through Cadillac all the time when we visited my grandparents in Arcadia.

:mug:

yay lansing,
near the west side, in grand ledge theres a nice homebrew shop called the red salmander, they're pretty cool there and offer used equipment and will happily chat with you.

things beer is great too, good prices and selection (i'm just closer to the west side)

for good beer stores, horrocks on the west side has a nice selection, but oade's big ten by frandor/east lansing has the best selection in the area (think its exit 8 on 496, or the east lansing one, take a right at bake n cakes, you'll see it) - also goodrich's shoprite on trowbridge (exit 9 on 496)

yay lansing,
near the west side, in grand ledge theres a nice homebrew shop called the red salmander, they're pretty cool there and offer used equipment and will happily chat with you.

things beer is great too, good prices and selection (i'm just closer to the west side)

for good beer stores, horrocks on the west side has a nice selection, but oade's big ten by frandor/east lansing has the best selection in the area (think its exit 8 on 496, or the east lansing one, take a right at bake n cakes, you'll see it) - also goodrich's shoprite on trowbridge (exit 9 on 496)

+1 to everything here. Oade's is the best selection in Lansing without a doubt and both of the homebrew shops mentioned are pretty solid.

there's also a little organic brewing shop in the Lansing City Market.

Materagaia

little shop, but they've got a decent selection, and the prices aren't bad. Might be worth stopping by, just to see.

If I was looking for a one-stop shop for my needs, though... I'd head to things beer. lots of stuff there.

There is a home brewing supply shop at 3000 Vine St. right off US-127 near Frandor shopping center. We offer Brewcraft products and we have great hops and yeast from many other sources. Some of our supplies include West Coast IPA, London Porter, Mangroove Jacks, Coopers, Bread Dobbelbock, Lawnmower Lager and many more recipes kits. We have loose domestic hops including Cascade, Chinook, Columbus, Mt. Hood and more. In pellet form we stock Ahtanum, Amarillo, Centennial and more. We have both fresh yeast and dry malts and extracts. Carboys, stockpots, bottles, corkers, cleaners, cappers and of course Irish Moss. Anything we don’t carry we will special order for you. Come by when you're in the area and check us out!

There is a home brewing supply shop at 3000 Vine St. right off US-127 near Frandor shopping center. We offer Brewcraft products and we have great hops and yeast from many other sources. Some of our supplies include West Coast IPA, London Porter, Mangroove Jacks, Coopers, Bread Dobbelbock, Lawnmower Lager and many more recipes kits. We have loose domestic hops including Cascade, Chinook, Columbus, Mt. Hood and more. In pellet form we stock Ahtanum, Amarillo, Centennial and more. We have both fresh yeast and dry malts and extracts. Carboys, stockpots, bottles, corkers, cleaners, cappers and of course Irish Moss. Anything we don’t carry we will special order for you. Come by when you're in the area and check us out!

I'm aware of three beer supply stores in the area. All three opened up within the past 6 months.

Capitol City Homebrew Supply is on Michigan:

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CapitalCityHomebrewSupply

(as Mish pointed out) That's How we Brew:

http://www.thatshowwebrew.com/

And Williamston has a new beer stor, Home Brew Depot:

https://www.facebook.com/HomeBrewDepot

I had no idea that shop just opened up in Williamston... about 20 minutes from me, I'll have to check it out.

There is a new shop opening in Howell, MI right in town on Grand River, opening within the next week or 2 I believe. It is run by the owners of the Howell Mainstreet Winery.

Back