Any Masons out there

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snccoulter

Reaction score
I have been interested for a while and now that I have time I am thinking about talking to a neighbor about joining them. I do know they do a lot in the community to help and I figure I will be able to meet some good people in the process. Is there any info you can give me?

My step father and brother are. I think the only info to give is to talk to your neighbor. It's pretty secret stuff. All I know is that you have to ask to join.

My brother in-law is a Mason. I know he asked to join. I'd have to agree just talk to your neighbor and go from there.

They don't acept people who don't like loud music. So I think you're out.

I keed! I keed!

My grandfather was a Mason, but back in Nebraska. I never really heard much about it.

To become one, simply ask one... You can research and read and think you know what it is, but the experience is indescribable...

Do not be afraid, nothing will happen that none of the rest of us have not gone through....

Can't stand masons. Grouchy bastards, and they love to mess with the other trades. Grrr!!!!

Wait- you meant FreeMasons, didn't you?

Never mind.

:D

Is there any info you can give me?

that depends on what exactly you'ld like to know . . . I'm a Freemason and just finished up my Cryptic degrees and am working on the degrees for Knights Templar atm . . . ask away and if I can answer I will. If I just dont know the answer I'll see if I can find the answer and then let ya know.

It's pretty secret stuff. All I know is that you have to ask to join.
The only "secret stuff" are the modes of recognition . . . and even those can easily be found online.

I have been interested for a while and now that I have time I am thinking about talking to a neighbor about joining them. I do know they do a lot in the community to help and I figure I will be able to meet some good people in the process. Is there any info you can give me?

They control the government, they control the weather and they control the bloodline of Christ. Anything else you wanted to know? Obviously, I kid.

I am also a Free Mason-Covina,CA lodge #334. Like others have mentioned, it's best to ask a Mason any questions you have. If they can answer without breaking thier vows, they will. If I were you, I'd approach you local Masonic Temple and find out their schedule(when they hold lodge,etc) You may be able to attend a dinner service before a stated meeting in order to introduce yourself. That's how things are done at our temple. Please don't get carried away with what our detractors may say/think, for they do not know what they speak of.

LOL I am sure a mason would be decent enough to turn down his music. From what I understand, they are all about respect integrity and bettering one's self. My neighbor on the left of me has been one for 55 years. He is getting me the application and will be recomending me. He says not to expect much till July because of when the meetings are. I am looking forward to getting involved and getting to know some good people.

Sounds like you must be a good guy if your neighbors willing to vouch for you! Congrats, and good luck

My Grandfather was a Mason. My Father is a Mason. I am a Mason. I was in DeMolay when I was a kid, which like Masons for young men. It is a great fraternal organization. It is great to hear that you are interested in becoming one too. Just like MMTG said, go to a stated meeting and see for yourself.

I'm also a Freemason, PM me if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them. The days of "not talking about anything" are long gone.

Back