Nostalgia KRS-2100 Mods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjhorn

Reaction score
Just getting back into homebrew, so my first project was to revamp my kegerator. If I could go back to when I first got the unit I'd build one from scratch, but since I received this as a gift from the girlfriend I needed to find a way to make it work.

Nothing all that exciting in the work I did, but maybe it could be helpful to someone with a similar setup. Besides changing out the sankey tap for quick release fittings for cornys, I was able to get the unit running cooler than it would previously, and lengthening the beer line a bit will hopefully help with some foam issues when pouring.

http://brewingchicago.com/2011/01/kegerator-conversion-update/

Nice work, Im thinking of buying one of these since it seems to be the cheapest unit out there. If I wanted to use it with a pinlock corny keg and wanted to keep mods to a minimum what would I need to buy?

Thanks

At an absolute minimum you'd really only need the pinlock quick disconnects for the corny, and some hose clamps of some sort. In theory you could reuse the exiting lines and just remove the sankey tap and add in the quick disconnects. However, the factory lines seem pretty inflexible so it might be tough getting them on the 1/4" barbs that are standard on the corny disconnects. So I'd recommend about 10' of new 3/16" beer line as well, which shouldn't run you much more than a dollar a foot. So really, if you have the keg already, the conversion should be no more than $25.

-Disconnect set: ~$10
-Hose clamps: ~$4
-10' 3/16" line: ~$10

I know this thread is from 2011, but the link no longer works. By chance do you still have all the info on the conversions you did to this keg.

Thanks!

Back