Dead Guy Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the OG is supposed to be on this recipe? The instructions did not say.

Also, I have no idea how much corn suger to add for carbination. Is there some fancy equation/calculation for detertiming that or is it just a per gallon standard amount?

Is there only one 'Dead Guy' clone recipe? I would think there were at least six or eight if not a dozen.

If it was a kit you'll have to list all the ingredients and someone can give you an idea of the OG you should expect.

As for priming, the answer is yes to both of your questions. You can use a standard ratio of 1 oz dextrose per gallon of beer (works well for the majority of styles IMO), or you can use a carbonation table if you prefer to customize your carbonation amount by style.

I do not know what value to put in the "Desired volume of CO2"
in the carbination formula...please help!

Ive been told to use 1 oz for every gallon...but corn suger is in powder form. How do you measure and 1oz in powder. Sorry for the dumb question

I have a little kitchen scale and weigh out my hops and corn sugar. If you don't have a scale, 2/3 cup for 5 gallons is an ok guestimate. I like my ales in the area of about 2.4 volumes.

Back