What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overrated schitt ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402110814.551113.jpg

So wish we could get Surly out here in the West. That and SixPoint.

Just popped open this bad boy. Not as dank and piney as the last Enjoy By. But still great. Liked the last one more.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402111184.290377.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'll be honest, I would rather drink Surly Abrasive or SixPoint Resin over any West Coast IPA that I can get locally.

I added the 1/2 oz of Citra to my Summer Ale in secondary. It's been 5 days racked on the zest of 2 oranges and 2 lemons, soaked in vodka. I just need some more intensity in the aroma and flavor. I used a nylon mesh bag, sanitized, to contain the hops. I'm hoping to avoid muddying things up.

And now, enjoying a sparkling hard cider made from White's "Fresh Pressed" Apple Cider. It was bottled at FG 1.006 on 5/13 with no added sugar, no back sweetening and no priming. It has a good apple aroma, nice medium carb...not too aggressive, not too weak...and a medium sweetness with good cider flavor. I was afraid it would be too dry and without carb when I saw that it went down to 1.006, but it turned out to be quite good! Nice golden color with good clarity, too.

DSC04946.jpg

DSC04944.jpg

Founders devil dancer is over rated! 20 bucks a four pack!!?? I'd rather drink dfh. And I can think of about 5 other IPA's I'd rather drink that taste Better. 12% only works in stouts. I love the dankness but not with a mouthful of pennies.

Founders devil dancer is over rated! 20 bucks a four pack!!?? I'd rather drink dfh. And I can think of about 5 other IPA's I'd rather drink that taste Better. 12% only works in stouts. I love the dankness but not with a mouthful of pennies.

$20 for a four pack?! I would only pay that for bcbs! Thats absurd!

So wish we could get Surly out here in the West. That and SixPoint.

We get plenty of Sixpoint in Houston. Resin is a personal favorite of mine.
I wish we got Surly in TX, but that won't happen anytime soon, I'm sure. Abrasive might be the best DIPA out there.

My ThaIPA experiment. Turned out really good. Lime, lemongrass, ginger, Birdseye chili and cilantro. Smells like tom yum soup. Spicy.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402113133.928107.jpg

I added the 1/2 oz of Citra to my Summer Ale in secondary. It's been 5 days racked on the zest of 2 oranges and 2 lemons, soaked in vodka. I just need some more intensity in the aroma and flavor. I used a nylon mesh bag, sanitized, to contain the hops. I'm hoping to avoid muddying things up.

And now, enjoying a sparkling hard cider made from White's "Fresh Pressed" Apple Cider. It was bottled at FG 1.006 on 5/13 with no added sugar, no back sweetening and no priming. It has a good apple aroma, nice medium carb...not too aggressive, not too weak...and a medium sweetness with good cider flavor. I was afraid it would be too dry and without carb when I saw that it went down to 1.006, but it turned out to be quite good! Nice golden color with good clarity, too.

Sooo..... You going to share the summer ale?

Slow on the rye of the tiger, but something different to follow.

$20 for a four pack?! I would only pay that for bcbs! Thats absurd!

That's what I thought. These large chain liquor stores think they have a gold mine. I didn't know till I paid and thought . Wtf!!??. . Ill probably just ship some out to others. I didn't know it was that limited

Honestly, I've never packed and shipped alcohol...although I used to pack and ship "professionally" at FedEx Office! I know it can get pricey, too. When you get homebrews, I assume you have to let them settle a bit before jumping into them? Anyway, I would be happy to share or swap some beer. I'll have to consult with "Hello"...I know she has had some experience. I also go to Yale, VA from time to time and will have a connection in Charlottesville soon. I get the impression that you are closer to the DC area, though? SWMBO goes to DC pretty much every month, but she is completely uninterested in my brewing and I'm sure she would refuse to be my beer mule. :D Something can be arranged...but it will be a few weeks before the Summer Ale is ready. And I have a vacation going right about that time. Around July 4 might be possible, give or take a few days.

Finishing my hard cider...maybe a Nugget Nectar for a nightcap.

You better believe I'm still waiting on one if those if possible :)

Depends on how many I can get my hands on. I'll let you know.

Also I just got twitter. I have been refusing to join.. I think I opened a can of worms.. first picture pic (trifecta) is getting blown up with re tweets and comments. Damn lol

Been volunteering the last two days at the Great Welsh Beer & Cider Festival, so probably drank around 30 different beers. All bar one or two, Welsh. Good, though.

Glad I'm alive today. What a difference sleep makes.

Coff.

New brewery opens nearby. Heading to get some beer later.

Apparently the 'something different' was
Coffee.

Honestly, I've never packed and shipped alcohol...although I used to pack and ship "professionally" at FedEx Office! I know it can get pricey, too. When you get homebrews, I assume you have to let them settle a bit before jumping into them? Anyway, I would be happy to share or swap some beer. I'll have to consult with "Hello"...I know she has had some experience. I also go to Yale, VA from time to time and will have a connection in Charlottesville soon. I get the impression that you are closer to the DC area, though? SWMBO goes to DC pretty much every month, but she is completely uninterested in my brewing and I'm sure she would refuse to be my beer mule. :D Something can be arranged...but it will be a few weeks before the Summer Ale is ready. And I have a vacation going right about that time. Around July 4 might be possible, give or take a few days.

Finishing my hard cider...maybe a Nugget Nectar for a nightcap.

Yep I am in NOVA/DC. Let me know. Funny.... My mother has similar gripes when I ask her to bring Jester King with her when she comes up from San Antonio. :)

Shipping is not too bad because it is fairly short. Alternatively, if you give me a list of beer, I can see what I can get from a local bottle ship that is out of your distro..... If you can convince your SWMBO.

Coffee out on the patio. I need to bottle today and really don't want to. I usually don't mind bottling but it just sounds like work today with the weather so nice.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

More coffee while getting my bottling stuff clean. I normally do this the night before but had Cub Sciuts last night.

Guess I should de-label some bottles and return some cans today, too.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402150719.006280.jpg

Back