Its like christmas for me today :D

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsamp

Reaction score
I ordered a new 5 gallon Igloo cooler from ebay recently and got it today. I think I got a good deal on it. It was $16 total for it. I was bidding on similar ones that ended up selling for more. I priced them at Walmart and they are $8 more. Thats a sweet savings if you ask me.

I also got my order from Rebel Brewer today. I'm making me 1st hefe tomorrow. I have one 3LB bag of DME left so I'll be doing a partial mash then after that its all grain for me. It will be noticeably cheaper than doing mostly extract and that I'm excited for. Rebel Brewer is a kick ass site. Great service and quick shipment both times I ordered form them.

I plan on using the yeast cake to brew my first all grain Weizenbock Ale. I'm continuing the German theme for my next 2 batches. After that I'll have a stout, a RIS, a hefe, and Weizenbock Ale in my pipeline. Hell at 28 Christmas is never this good lol.

:rockin: :mug:

-e-
oops I meant to put this in General Beer discussion.

I already made the RIS. It was made mostly with DME. It is still in the primary 23 days after fermentation started. OG was 1.110 on that batch and estimated FG of 1.025. It should keep me warm this winter.

You just had to rain on my parade didnt ya? lol. I have 17lbs of grain figured in the grain bill. According to that link you provided the 5 gallon will only do 12 lbs. Maybe I could do the other 5 on the stovetop?

Thanks for the link though. It makes me realize I need to do some heavy duty research on all grain brewing to iron out the things I dont know.

Yeah, I didn't want to put that post up but wanted to give you as much info as I know.

The stovetop will work out ok I think. You could also do the 12lbs then enough DME to make up the difference. Either way, nice job moving to AG.

Yeah, I didn't want to put that post up but wanted to give you as much info as I know.

I do appreciate it. My brew day tomorrow will be my 6th batch so I'm very much a rookie still. Any and all info given to me positive or negative will make me a better brewer in the long run. :mug:

Back