I want to make a beer with White Chocolate....Any Suggestions, Help, Comments!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trophy_Brew21

Reaction score
I want to make a beer with White Chocolate, like a porter or stout, something? Any Suggestions on that?

Another question: White Chocolate is basically pure fat, and heard it would be VERY difficult to try? Any suggestions on that, or should I try White Chocolate de Cocoa?

What are your guy's thoughts, ideas, suggestions? I would like to get some more information about this, so I can try it. I think it would be very interesting, and something new(ish) Since you don't hear many people talking about some type of White Chocolate beer.

Thank you very much, and can't wait to hear the suggestions!

The only thing I can think of is that because of the high fat content the chocolate could (and probably would) impact the head and head retention quite negatively. However, if you use the powder and it reacts the same way that normal cocoa powder does, you might be able to sub some in on some recipes that normally call for dark cocoa powder. Sounds interesting to say the least!

Trophy_Brew21 said:
I want to make a beer with White Chocolate, like a porter or stout, something? Any Suggestions on that?

Another question: White Chocolate is basically pure fat, and heard it would be VERY difficult to try? Any suggestions on that, or should I try White Chocolate de Cocoa?

What are your guy's thoughts, ideas, suggestions? I would like to get some more information about this, so I can try it. I think it would be very interesting, and something new(ish) Since you don't hear many people talking about some type of White Chocolate beer.

Thank you very much, and can't wait to hear the suggestions!

White chocolate is mostly fat and sugar. You wouldn't want that in your beer. Your best bet is to make an extract. Put some white chocolate in a container with vodka and let sit for a few weeks. Then place it in the freezer. Any fat will coagulate on top. Then pour through a coffee filter which should leave all of the fat behind leaving you with a white chocolate extract.

I'm on my phone or I'd give ya the link but search google for "ryan brews fat washing" and you'll find exactly how to get that white chocolate taste using white chocolate without having to sub something else and without worrying about fat issues.

I think any flavor you are likely to get would be something like vanilla and milk, but not as good.
A lot of white chocolate is imitation. I personally can't stand the stuff.
I think some merge of a vanilla bean porter and a milk stout would get the flavor you are after without the hassle.

I'm on my phone or I'd give ya the link but search google for "ryan brews fat washing" and you'll find exactly how to get that white chocolate taste using white chocolate without having to sub something else and without worrying about fat issues.
Thank you, that was very informative!

I agree with the above post. Most of the flavor of white chocolate is vanilla. My favorite beer is a Vanilla Porter. Check one of them out. I think you'll like it.

NRS

I agree with the above post. Most of the flavor of white chocolate is vanilla. My favorite beer is a Vanilla Porter. Check one of them out. I think you'll like it.

NRS

I will have to try one of those out, they sound interesting. looking at reviews and recipes of them! Thanks

Latest posts

Back