Brewhemoth Black Friday Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still anxiously waiting for mine.....so in the meantime...

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

Got all my Brewers Hardware stuff. Now I just need my Brewhemoth to show up. Well, at least by next weekend, I'm still finishing up the kitchen floors/walls after the ice maker on the fridge broke while I was underway.

I got an email today too! Wednesday is when it is set to arrive! Just finished tiling/grouting the kitchen. The good news about the old fridge leaking water and damaging the kitchen means new fridge for the house and a new fermentation chamber for my Brewhemoth! My two weeks of leave is going to be filled with getting my brewery full up and running again.

Same here. :mug:

:rockin:

I got an email today too! Wednesday is when it is set to arrive! Just finished tiling/grouting the kitchen. The good news about the old fridge leaking water and damaging the kitchen means new fridge for the house and a new fermentation chamber for my Brewhemoth! My two weeks of leave is going to be filled with getting my brewery full up and running again.

Glad you'll get to have your way with it since you'll be on leave. Thanks again for your service sir!

getting jealous!!!!

Yours will probably get to you before I get those darn thermowells from BH! At least their cranking them out pretty quickly it seems. I'm sure their welder is going crazy fulfilling these orders.

Mine just arrived! The doorbell rang and I leaped up to answer it. She is a thing of beauty! Now I just need to get the honey do list taken care of before I can enjoy it.

Mine just arrived! The doorbell rang and I leaped up to answer it. She is a thing of beauty! Now I just need to get the honey do list taken care of before I can enjoy it.

:rockin:

Well it isnt a great picture and I'm still waiting on a bunch of stuff from brewers hardware but here they are

I put it on casters, they threaded right in where the regular feet were. On top is a barb for blow off on the tee, eventually will put a spunding valve on it. There will be a temp probe attached to a tee where the sample valve is along with the sample valve. The 1" on the cone has a 1" butterfly valve with a 1/4" hose barb that will be connected to beer line and a ball lock disconnect to pressure transfer to kegs. The bottom drain has a 90 with a 1" butterfly valve for now until I can get a couple 1.5" ones. That one will be used on a future Brewhemoth. I am very impressed and have been completely satisfied with their customer service from ordering til delivery! I can't wait to use this bad boy!

I was working in the garage today and my Brewhemoth was getting its lean on. No more casters for me. I am going to put the original feet back on it. The length of the caster stud coupled with the tac weld for the nut to the legs made it too weak. Last thing I want is for this thing to tip over when it is full of beer.

I was working in the garage today and my Brewhemoth was getting its lean on. No more casters for me. I am going to put the original feet back on it. The length of the caster stud coupled with the tac weld for the nut to the legs made it too weak. Last thing I want is for this thing to tip over when it is full of beer.

Glad to hear nothing happened, to be honest I saw you post that picture and thought it was a great idea but looked a bit sketchy.

Arggg, I'm ready to buy mine but I can't decide! should I pressure ferment or should I use a blow off tube so I can have a nice sight glass on the bottom? (I'm guessing that glass doesn't handle more than 2 psi)

I would like to keep everything closed because I usually can't get my wort down from 80 degrees when I chill, so I chill in the fridge. While I'm chilling, the pressure sucks water into the fermenter. I'm figuring having everything closed will not suck any air or water back in (I don't want air coming in either because I've seen fruit flies in my garage).

But! that sight glass is just damn sexy! and I like that I can see what I'm dumping, I had a plastic fermenter and some of the times I was dumping a lot of beer instead of trub and/or yeast.

Arggg, I'm ready to buy mine but I can't decide! should I pressure ferment or should I use a blow off tube so I can have a nice sight glass on the bottom? (I'm guessing that glass doesn't handle more than 2 psi)

I would like to keep everything closed because I usually can't get my wort down from 80 degrees when I chill, so I chill in the fridge. While I'm chilling, the pressure sucks water into the fermenter. I'm figuring having everything closed will not suck any air or water back in (I don't want air coming in either because I've seen fruit flies in my garage).

But! that sight glass is just damn sexy! and I like that I can see what I'm dumping, I had a plastic fermenter and some of the times I was dumping a lot of beer instead of trub and/or yeast.
Pressure ferment is where it's at. Screw the sightglass.

I use the sight glass as a yeast catcher after the dump valve. Use it after initial fermentation is complete to save some yeasties......close the valve and pressure ferment during the final few points of gravity.

I use the sight glass as a yeast catcher after the dump valve. Use it after initial fermentation is complete to save some yeasties......close the valve and pressure ferment during the final few points of gravity.

Good idea, I wonder if it can handle 1-2 psi, if so, I could set the valve to this pressure until I dump the trub and catch some yeast, after that, i can take it out and ramp up to 30 psi

thats when mine are coming....have to blow off work, cause they are "signature required"

It is inconvenient but personally I understand it. I worked in the parts department at a dealership and would sign for glass, roof panels and doors. I'd say over 60% of the time the part was damaged, usually repairable but that isn't the point.

I highly suggest ( although I'm sure you guys know this) to make the driver wait for you to open it up and pay close attention to all the ferrules and leg attachment points. DO NOT SIGN UNTIL YOU ARE SURE EVERYTHING CHECKS OUT AND JUST IGNORE THE DRIVER IF HE BECOMES PUSHY... THIS IS THEIR JOB SO DON'T FEEL BAD If something is damaged have the driver make a notation and he should be able to give you a claim number.

Josh and Dale are running a small business and they seem to be great people so lets try and do anything we can do to protect them from the headache of fedex trying to weasel out of paying for damage.

So my twins arrived today :D

Boxes were definitely damaged during shipping, the driver had no issue waiting while i unpacked. A couple of the leg mounting studs were a little tweaked, but no worries everything seems all good!!

Here they are with my control panel and glycol chiller!

IMG_1454.jpg

I swear I was about to post asking for updates and bam you must of read my mind! Looking good glad that the damage was negligible. I'm still working on piecing some of the cooling part together. Now if those thermowells would hurry up and get here we could start filling them!

BH ended up sending me the ones that have a 1/2 FPT fitting on them, so you could use them with a dial thermometer. They told me it would be a while for the other ones.

I ran my chiller with water in it and it gets cold in a hurry! Have a leak between the PVC fitting and the pump discharge, so i have to get that worked out before i add glycol.

I picked up RV antifreeze from Tractor Supply today, $3.50 a gallon, so I'm going to try that out straight. I've been following some of the builds and discussion regarding whether to use a mix of polypropylene glycol or the RV stuff. I figured this was a relatively inexpensive experiment. Hopefully in a week or so i will get it all put together and do a test run to see how cold i can it.

I just ordered flex-watt, and have a roll of the bubble wrap insulation, so i should be up and running in no time!

BH ended up sending me the ones that have a 1/2 FPT fitting on them, so you could use them with a dial thermometer. They told me it would be a while for the other ones.

I ran my chiller with water in it and it gets cold in a hurry! Have a leak between the PVC fitting and the pump discharge, so i have to get that worked out before i add glycol.

I picked up RV antifreeze from Tractor Supply today, $3.50 a gallon, so I'm going to try that out straight. I've been following some of the builds and discussion regarding whether to use a mix of polypropylene glycol or the RV stuff. I figured this was a relatively inexpensive experiment. Hopefully in a week or so i will get it all put together and do a test run to see how cold i can it.

I just ordered flex-watt, and have a roll of the bubble wrap insulation, so i should be up and running in no time!

Hmmm guess I'm gonna have to call them tomorrow. They told me it would be a few weeks and that was before Christmas, and then I saw they changed their backorder date to 1/20. If it's gonna be much longer I'll order elsewhere. If I remember you ordered 3" correct? I ordered 6" and am now second guessing myself do you think the 6" will work ok if I am running brewhemoths chiller?

I don't remember what i ordered honesty. I thought 3" but they are 6". Just checked it out the 6" is fine with the chiller.....it doesn't hit at all.

Back