Fermenting questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesseroberge

Reaction score
Can I assume that all my AG batches can ferment in the primary carboy for 30 days and then in the keg at 12 psi in the kegerator for another 30 days...

I am brewing a heffivisen "sorry for the spelling" tomorrow...

That'll work. I usually do at least 3 weeks in the primary, and it usually takes another three weeks to carb at serving temps. So, one more week won't hurt anything, it might even help. Also, wheat beers like a hefe typically take less time to condition. So you could shorten your 30 day schedule a little if you chose to.

That's a pretty long time from keg to faucet for a hefe. That's one style that really does shine when "young". I try to get my weisen (mit or mitout hefe) on tap after four weeks total, including carbing up to style...

Cheers!

day_trippr said:
That's a pretty long time from keg to faucet for a hefe. That's one style that really does shine when "young". I try to get my weisen (mit or mitout hefe) on tap after four weeks total, including carbing up to style...

Cheers!

What will happen if I let it longer in the range of 1 month carboy and 1 month keg ??

Back