How much tincture to use for pumpkin beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got2keg

Reaction score
OK I made a five gal. batch of Smashing pumpkin ale and want to make it more of a pumpkin pie ale than a spiced ale. Does anyone have an idea of how much of each tincture (Cinnamon, Ginger, allspice, nutmeg and vanilla) I should use to duplicate pumpkin pie spice. I made the tinctures to be added after fermentation. Thanx in advance.

How strong are the tinctures? (i.e. how much spice in how much of what liquid aged how long for how much result?)

this is the fun part. I use 100 ml samples of the base beer and experiment with different amounts. I use 100 ml solely for the purpose that its an easy amount to scale up and i don't have to add crazy small amounts of tinctures.

The jars are all half pint but the first, it is one quart. Spice amounts are from left to right, Cinnamon 1.75oz ground, Ginger 1.5oz ground, Allspice 1.62oz ground and Nutmeg 1.62oz ground. By the time I use them they will be in a solution of 100 proof Vodka for 3 weeks. Please see picture as it is worth a thousand words. Thank You for your input. This is our first attempt at using spices in a beer.

2011-10-24 11.01.18.jpg

Latest posts

Back