Refilling CO2 in Queens or Nassau, NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chask31

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My LHBS charges $35 to fill a 5# tank.Seems pretty high to me. I am hard pressed to buy anything but the basics there. Does anyone know a good spot to refill a CO2 tank for less? I am in the Bayside area.

Whoa, that's expensive. Call around to fire equipment/protection places. I find that they are usually more willing to fill small bottles around here than the welding shops which usually carry bigger ones and only exchange. IIRC it's around 12 bucks here.

Yankees or Mets? Could be he spotted a bumper sticker and decided to screw you. I pay about $11 for 5# tank in Portland. Grew up on LI and I realize prices are higher but $35 sounds like John Gotti is controlling the business!

+1 Welding supply, fire equipment shops.

where are you getting them filled? i use tw smith in greenpoint but they make you exchange.

Mets, but they are in flushing so it should be fine. Was getting them filled at the Hydroponics and Homebrew Too shop. Their prices are nuts. They are charging like 165 for an immersion wort chiller.

I dont really want to exchange but I would if that was the only way.

I filled a 5# for $10 at High Velocity Paintball out on the island.

Other than that I've used Liberty welding in Red Hook. $23 to swap out my 10# tank.

B

Latest posts

Back