Comments on a recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macider

Reaction score
I have decided to start brewing cider though after reading over this site I have realized I am on track to make some super dry rocket fuel.

3 gallons of pasteurized apple cider
3 pounds of brown sugar
a few tablespoons of cinnamon
champagne yeast

So I figure to make it a little less dry I should cold crash it before fermentation is done then siphon it to a clean jug, add some k-sorbate and let it sit for a bit. Then maybe add a few cups of sugar as I bottle it.

Could someone more experienced than I comment on my plan? is it going to be at all palatable, or am I on track to make some total garbage? Any suggestions to refine the receipt a little?

Juice runs 1.050-1.060. A pound of sugar per gallon adds 46 points. Should taste fine in 9-10 months.

Cinnamon is also pretty strong, the longer you age it to reduce the rocket fuel taste, the more it will come out.
I would go with less is more, and if you want it really spicy when you drink it, you can add a little when you pour.

Latest posts

Back