Vacume Sealer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Duk

Reaction score
Anyone found a good deal one that is not to expensive and works well???

Target, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond.....ect

FoodSaver is probably one of the most popular and higher quality vaccuum sealers out there. If you cant find a deal, look on CL, they always have them for sale there.

Be very careful buying used vacuum sealers. If the previous owner of the unit did not keep it clean or allowed liquid to be sucked into the unit, it will not perform well. I think it would be best to purchase a unit new and unused for something like this.

Check out "Cabela's" for decent deals (factor in the shipping) and pricing.

Cabela's -- Vacuum Sealers

I purchased my FoodSaver unit at "WalMart" and it was less than "Cabela's"

Salute! :mug:

I received a "VacuSealer" brand (I think that's what it was) as a gift. My parents have had a Food Saver Brand for years now, so I was anxious to compare the two. The cheap one did not perform nearly as well as a Food Saver. I took it back and used the credit to purchase a Food Saver Brand. I got it at Kohl's online for about $90 shipped. It came with three plastic containers that you can fill and seal. It works great! Definitely go with a good brand, not just the cheapest one you can find.

Get a food saver if you're going to get one. Otherwise, get something like the ziplock hand pump vacuum bags while you save up for a food saver.

Has anyone used the seal-a-meal? Opinions?

Yes! That was the one I returned. It was the VS108 or something like that. It could hold a roll of bags under the lid and had a built in cutter. It didnt have as much power as the food saver equivalent I returned it for. Stick with FS.

I was gonna get the Cabella's on sale model but my wife didn't want the cannisters, so I ordered from Newegg. They came up first when I typed in "foodsaver" under Google shopping. They have free shipping. $80 for a V2040 - I suppose that model is OK. I was so excited about the free shipping, I ordered it right away.

Back