Black and Tan or Suicide Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jldc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I put this question in the kegging section, because it only works well if you keg.

How many of you will combine different beers in the same glass, like a black and tan? I'm a bid of a dark beer wimp with many being stronger than I prefer. However, a lot of blondes or cream ales are light for my tastes. I have taken to combining my beer to create a random amber ale. This week it's a Wit with a Porter. Seems odd, but I likes it.

What do you think?

Do it all the time. It's crazy the great taste you can make from mixing. Never even thought about it until I had a "two pull" at a Granite City Brewery and that's now my favorite there. Who would have thought as kids there was nothing better as a suicide from the concession stand and we are still doing it as grown adults.:mug::drunk:

the first beer is a mix from all four taps to make sure no tap sticks from being unused too long.(on tap - cream of 3, orfys mild,olde speckled hen,munich madness)
so far i have enjoyed it so much that the second is also a mix!

Never even thought about it until I had a "two pull" at a Granite City Brewery and that's now my favorite there.

I totally agree. The description of the two pull sounded nasty but I tried it anyway and now it's one of my favorite beers!

The other day at the bar I felt like a Black and Tan but they didn't serve Bass Ale. So instead she made me a Black and Blue.. Guiness and Blue Moon...

it was pretty good.

I've got a wheat on tap... just need a stout now.

The other day at the bar I felt like a Black and Tan but they didn't serve Bass Ale. So instead she made me a Black and Blue.. Guiness and Blue Moon...

it was pretty good.

I've got a wheat on tap... just need a stout now.

Some places call this a Black and White. I've even seen it on the menu as a Dark Side of the Moon. Not really relevant in any way, I just thought that was neat.

Rarely. The only one I have really liked used to be on this mixed beer menu at the Rogue Public House in Portland (they have long since gotten rid of this) called a snickers. It was half chocolate stout and half hazelnut brown.

The Winking Lizard serves a Cream of Wheat: Guinness+Hoegaarden
I have never brought myself to order it because of the hundred more awesome beers that they usually have.

I will do an applewine + oatmeal stout every now and then, but my favorite "mix" is makers mark and a hobgobblin clone :D

Strong cherry wheat, with a shot of Dunkel Weiss on top. The chocolatey undertones of the dunkel work great with the cherry.

Or, you could just brew an amber. I have a darker amber ale in the keg and a light amber ale fermenting right now.

:mug:

Stone IPA and Stone Smoked Porter. They used to give it as a sampler at the old brewery years ago (when a sample was a full pint), called it a Smoky Indian.

Latest posts

Back