50'- 1/2" copper tubing=$29.99

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete08

Reaction score
I couldn't believe it, but apparently a local store hadn't had a price change on the 1/2" tubing, which I bought. I have a bid for some other 1/2" on ebay, hopefully I will be outbid.

Is that 1/2 inch ID or OD? That is a good price either way. That was good luck finding that.

1/2" od. The floor guy couldn't believe it, he checked and checked. I asked if the price was for real; his reply, "it is until it gets changed." I didn't have to think twice! I thought I could make quite the chiller with it.

I heard that copper and stainless are going to be coming down in price. Perhaps this is a sign of things to come.

thats what i wanna know. link to his store? promise i wont bid on the same one

Copper prices, at least in the futures market, are the cheapest they've been in several years. We can "thank" the worldwide economic slowdown for that, especially the huge, HUGE drop in home construction. Hard to see those factors turning around any time soon; copper *should* be getting cheaper.

Where is this store? What store is it?

Diamond Home Improvent is a home improvement place in Grants Pass, OR. I have a max bid of $28 on +/-50 feet of 1/2" on ebay. The shipping is $12. I thought that would be a good deal. Now I hope I am outbid!

Funny thing is that the store had 3/8", which was $47.99 for 50 feet.

Hey did they have more than one roll? I have an Uncle in law in Grants Pass. Might be worth asking him to pick it up and ship. It's 54.99 fpr 50' here in Colorado Springs.

Todd

Yes, they had two or three other rolls, plus four or five high on another rack. Move quickly, before they fix the price. Or, outbid me on the 1/2" on ebay!

Back