Beersmith 2.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcross13

Reaction score
Any one know why IBU values are off when i design a stout? It seems to happen when i add yeast. IT happened a few times on other styles but stopped eventually. Now when I save it and reopen the values change. Any suggestions?

81 one reviews and not one reply. I heard that 2.0 had some bugs. Not really a computer guy but I know that my 2.9 gallon BIAB does not call for 70 oz of hops. Any clueonhow to fix?

You might try changing the bitterness formula in Beersmith from Tinseth to Rager, or vice versa.

Tools --> Options --> Bitterness

Other than that, I've found the IBU figures may vary slighly from recipe to recipe and it's not a problem that is limited to Beersmith that I know of. IBUs are general approximations only... (I think.)

Have you updated? I haven't seen this particular issue, but the author tends to update fairly regularly to fix problems that are found as people use it.

I noticed that I sometimes have to close, then re-open a recipe to get some changes to take.

Latest posts

Back