Cask Conditioned Ales in the LA Times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Reaction score
"Cask ales have this blossoming aroma and a very full but also somewhat softer palate than pasteurized beers," explains Matthew Brynildson, brew master at Firestone Walker in Paso Robles. "The natural carbonation from the yeast actually gives you a less carbonated, smoother beer with a fluffy head."

Very nice writeup on the resurgence of cask conditioned ales in California. I had no idea so many small breweries were getting into cask conditioning -- or that pubs/bars were willing to go to the extra trouble. Very cool.

Chad

There is not a single bar or pub that has cask conditioned ales in this area. I wish that my area was a little more "beer aware"

Southern CA is a great place to live right now as far as beer goes. San Diego and Los Angeles are full of great beer bars and breweries, and Orange County isn't far behind.

Back