champagne bottles...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they are good. Make sure they will take a bottle cap, some do some don't. You'll never lose one to explosion, very thick and heavy. The best time to get them free is in(or behind) bars after New years day. The dumpsters are full. Also wedding reception halls after the weekend. I think they hold around 20 oz.

i have about 25 champagne bottles that i use for all sorts of different beers.

European brands will have a 29mm cap, whereas US brands will use the same 26mm cap that beer bottles use.

What type of capper do you have?

can someone post a picture of a new, precapped cap just sitting on top of the champagne bottle?

Every time i contemplate doing this i just don't see any way that a regular bottle cap could fit on a champagne bottle.

I guess its possible the few times i'v bought champagne it was European but i just don't know i guess.

Whats a cheap US champagne brand that will use a regular bottle cap?

Can't Post pics right now.

A beer bottle cap (you use the term "regular bottle cap") on top of a euro champagne bottle won't work. It will be too small. The Euro Champagne Bottle needs the larger 29mm cap.

You don't even need a new capper either, just a new "Bell" for the capper.
http://pivo.northernbrewer.com/nbstore/action/search-do?searchTerm=29mm
For handheld models, the bell threads onto the magnet post thing. No tool, just hand thread the old one off, and hand thread the new one in.

Then take a flat head screw driver and push out the metal plates that grip the neck of the bottle, and re-insert "Backwards." This will accomodate the larger neck of a 29mm bottle. I think on my red baron there is actually a 26 stamped into one end of each of these plates, and a 29 on the other end.

old_townie said:
i have about 25 champagne bottles that i use for all sorts of different beers.

European brands will have a 29mm cap, whereas US brands will use the same 26mm cap that beer bottles use.

What type of capper do you have?

I just bought a red baron capper....

So
follow the link i have in my post to northern brewer, get the new bell and some caps. put the bell onto your red baron capper. Push the metal plates out, re-install them backwards and you will be ready to roll out like a gangster.

Latest posts

Back