Grolsch Bottle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckrogers71

Reaction score
I was wondering if you could fill a couple of bottles w/ keg beer and transport? I like to take my own beer when i know that they will only have a macro that I dont care for, but sometimes a growler is too much.

Anyone do this? If so, what were the results?

1) Clean good. If you're drinking the same day, why bother? You don't san your pint glasses when you use them.

2) Chill your bottles to at least the temperature of your beer. This helps in keeping foam down.

3) Use a bottle filler or the ghetto method. Ghetto method = taking a broken racking cane and sticking it right in a cobra tap. It fits perfectly and acts like a bottling wand without the tip. Now I'm wondering if I should try using my bottling wand next time...

4) Drop your PSI down to like 4-6 and vent the keg to get all the pressure out and pour slowly. Open the faucet all the way up, but at low PSI it won't foam as bad but will be very slow to pour.

I try not to leave much headroom for oxygen. Some people purge with CO2, but if you're drinking it within a few hours, I doubt you'll need to go to extremes, I just fill mine all the way up - that and that extra 1/2oz or so is an extra swig.

Back