Good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey!... I thought YOU were a pro!

Anyway, it looks good to me, but I think you could build it yourself for alot less than the "buy it now" price, plus $20 shipping.

Yeah, I didn't think about shipping.

I like the PVC manifold though. Cheaper and easier than copper.

If you make one, be sure to use CPVC like the one you're looking at. Straight PVC won't stand up to near boiling temps.

Oh, and easier depends on your perspective - I'd much rather sweat copper fittings than deal with goopy plastic bonding agents.

Don't do it. $50 and $20 for shipping. I got the 60 quart cube at WalMart for around $20. If you want to that the real easy (but more expensive) way of buying a Kewler Kit you still wont get anywhere near the $70 for this one.

For a good comparison of different types of home made mash tuns, get the 1995 "Great Grain Issue" of [/I] Zymurgy[/I]. For $20 you can get a 5 gallon water cooler, or $40 for a ten gallon one. $20 for a Phil's Phalse Bottom, or about $10 more for SS. Add a sparge arm and you'll get higher efficiency than the chest cooler.

Back