“Long time listener, First time caller”

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HempelNet

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I guess you can still call me a relatively newbie to the Homebrew hobby but I have been a stalker of Homebrew forums for some time. I have 7 extract brews under my belt and have already gotten rid of the bottles and opted for the kegs. I just could not stand collecting, cleaning, storing, sanitizing, filling, capping, and then waiting just to “Rinse and Repeat” the entire process. Other then that the bottles where just dandy… <End Sarcasm>

I will be asking a lot of questions as I would like to get into all grain and lager brews soon so beware. I will keep in mind that the search tool is my friend thus not duplicating a lot of threads. With that said I guess my post count will be forever in the single digits. Does that make me the “Long time listener, First time caller” guy? LOL / RDWHAHB

Welcome to the forum. I had the same feeling about bottles (as do most people who get into kegging), but then I sort of missed them when I stopped bottling. I now bottle a batch, then keg, then bottle, then keg, etc.

I just kegged my first beer after several "bottling days". I'm not going to keep bottles, I'm going to fill my dumpster with them and buy more kegs!

Welcome to the forum.

what part of indiana ? and btw welcome to hbt its a life saver

Indianapolis near 67 and Mann Road...

Small world huh... :mug:

I think I may have found a use for my better bottle that has been empty for some time.... I think I am going to try Ed's Apfelwein, I figure after 500 replies it has to be good!

Indianapolis near 67 and Mann Road...

Small world huh... :mug:

I think I may have found a use for my better bottle that has been empty for some time.... I think I am going to try Ed's Apfelwein, I figure after 500 replies it has to be good!

It's different. Probably nothing like you expect. Some people love it (me) and some people hate it. If you don't like dry wines, don't bother.

It's different. Probably nothing like you expect. Some people love it (me) and some people hate it. If you don't like dry wines, don't bother.

Very interesting sounds like my speed. Do I carbonate it like a beer or drink as is? Have you tried both methods by chance? Thanks..

Back