Kegerator Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeywhat

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum...but I need a little help with a kegerator. Did some searches and found some good info, but I really need help finding a compact fridge that is currently available. My only real requirements are that it can fit two cornies or 1/6 barrels (either or, MUST fit both) and is near or below $200 in cost. Oh, and it shouldn't suck :D

I've got these two in mind:

Oster 5.0

Kenmore 4.5

The Kenmore is more in my price range...anyone have any input as to which is easier to plumb for a tap (most likely coming out the door, maybe top), if the two kegs+CO2 will fit, etc? Most of what I've found through the search are older models that I cannot find, or are no longer available.

Thanks!

cant comment on those two, but I have the Sanyo bc-1206 and I can fit 3 cornies with the co2 bottle or 4 cornies without a co2 bottle and it is a 6.5 cu ft.

it looks like most people suggest the Sanyo 4912, it can fit two kegs with the bottle. Tons of help on The Google on how to convert it

I would make every effort to get a fridge without a freezer. If you don't know what you are doing, you could ruin the fridge while trying to remove the freezer. So I'd stay away from the Kenmore.

I did recently see the Oster on clearance at my local Best Buy for $159. But some who have converted the Oster haven't been to happy with the results. I sure you could find those dissatisfied threads if you searched for them.

My local Fry's still had the Sanyo 4912 last I checked. So you might check there if you have one around you.

Look arround at Best Buy, I got my Oster on and UN-Advertized sale. Reg 209.00 and I got it for 173.00.

Durring this Recession is a great time to get good deals on stuff like this.

Cheers

I am going to check out best buy this weekend to see what I can find (refund came in!). Hopefully a deal or two can be had.

I actually have a chest freezer on the way. I'm still undecided as to how I'm using it, though. I'd like something like that to brew in, as it's difficult to control the temperature in my house. The freezer will only fit one corny (plus maybe a CO2 tank), though.

Back