needle valves or ball valves or both?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maida7

Reaction score
I'm working on a brutus style system. My fule choice is low pressure propane. Are needle valves a good idea for controlling the burner flames? Are ball valves just as good?

Needle valves are best for controlling flames on your burner. Ball valves will work too, though you get a little better precision control from a needle valve.

I'm working on a brutus style system. My fule choice is low pressure propane. Are needle valves a good idea for controlling the burner flames? Are ball valves just as good?

My setup uses low pressure furnace valves without any valves to control burner flame.
Each burner has his own pressure regulator before the furnace valve, constant
gas supply.
The automation part would be messed up if I had to adjust the burner.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

My setup uses low pressure furnace valves without any valves to control burner flame.
Each burner has his own pressure regulator before the furnace valve, constant
gas supply.
The automation part would be messed up if I had to adjust the burner.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

what if you put the needle valve after the furnace valve so you could tune the flame height?

what if you put the needle valve after the furnace valve so you could tune the flame height?
The flame height has always been right on.
I must be lucky to get away without any adjustments.
The only one time adjustment I do, set the furnace internal regulator.

Jet burner video.
My ring burner has a perfect flame too.

Cheers,
ClaudisB

Back