Oldest beer in your Fridge ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 cases of Bush in the sail boat reefer that are 8 years old..do ya want-em?..:D....keep forgetting to toss them.....Otherwise Nada...I don't make it fast enough.

I have 2006-2015 stone IRS in my beer fridge
minus the '10, but a homie has one to share.
When the '16 comes out gonna do a vertical.
Also got the espresso and a couple years of fyodors Classic in the mix

Commercial beer oldest, I have a 1988 and 1990 Thomas Hardy and a 1989 samichlaus.

Homebrew - I have one bottle left of my first Barleywine, 2003, and some of my ten year homebrew anniversary barleywine bottled in 2012.

My dad opened up a bottle he had in his fridge yesterday and had to ask me what it was. It was my Barrel aged Porter from 2013.

I have 2008 Deschutes Abyss, with a vertical through this year, for commercial.
For homebrew, I still have a BDSA from 4/12 and an Old Ale from 12/11 that are still holding their own.

I have a bottle of Widmer Brewing's 20th Anniversary Wit in the cellar. Should be roughly 2004 timeframe.

What makes it special is that it's signed by both Widmer brothers.

I'll check the packaging dates, but I doubt either of the 2 beers in my fridge is over three months.

I have a 2011 Bourbonic Plague from Cascade. It's my favorite beer and I've been saving it for a special occasion or with a good friend to share it with. I've only had one out of state friend visit me so far and he wasn't worthy. I haven't even been wanting to save it this long, just feel like I missed the boat for randomly opening it now! Not sure what will be deemed worthy anymore.

I bought a dozen bottles of Alaskan Brewing Company's 25th anniversary brew "Perseverance Ale" when it came out and have been using them to celebrate important life milestones. I've got 6-7 left, I think.

Commercial: Sierra Nevada / Russian River Brux
Homebrew: BDSA brewed 11 months ago. Bottled these in swing top bottles and now regretting it. Had a bottle a couple weeks ago and it seems the carbonation has pretty much faded completely. Thinking the swing tops (specifically the rubber grommets) on these bottles aren't as good for long term storage as plain old crown caps.

2015 bourbon co stout. Can't bring myself to open it yet. May try to get another bottle next year b4 I try this one.

i have 433 bottle of various beers (among which some trappist beer and some sours) that are dated around 1998/1999, a guy that collect beer gift it to me!

here is a pic, there are more that are hidden!

2015-10-24 11.58.11.jpg

i have 433 bottle of various beers (among which some trappist beer and some sours) that are dated around 1998/1999, a guy that collect beer gift it to me!

here is a pic, there are more that are hidden!

That is a nice friend to have. Any gems hiding in there?

For homebrew, I have some apfelwein going back to 2012. Someone just sent me a 2010 SN Bigfoot in a trade, so I guess that would be my oldest commercial beer.

I have a bottle of Blue Romulan Ale ( from the Star Trek era) that was given to me in 2002. It was brewed by Ceveceria Centro Americana S.A. in Guatemala.

May open it some day but until then it remains in cold statis of my beer fridge.

That is a nice friend to have. Any gems hiding in there?

For homebrew, I have some apfelwein going back to 2012. Someone just sent me a 2010 SN Bigfoot in a trade, so I guess that would be my oldest commercial beer.

a lot of good beer but nothing incredible

the others are all kind of beer, from all the world! Africa, Usa, Russia,China ecc! but mostly commercial beers!

the last pic is my own collection that i'm building myself

2016-01-06 14.59.15.jpg

2016-01-06 15.00.13.jpg

2016-01-06 15.07.13.jpg

The very first bottle I filled from my very first batch, brewed on June 25th, 2015. I've got 2 others from that batch as well. It's a stout that turned out great, my girlfriend and I were going to crack those on Christmas day to mark the 6-month age, but we never got around to it so I still have them.

I've got some various 2013 commercial stuff. Oldest homebrew I have is 2 bottles of a peach farmhouse ale (wlp670) that were bottled in Sept 2014. It was brewed around March 2014.

I've got 12 bombers from my first attempt at home brewing, that was from 2000 and 2001. They were bad then, guessing they are really bad now. Don't really want to sample, but I will need the bottles at some point.

Can of Billy Beer, 1977 vintage. I'm waiting for it to age a little longer to reach it's peak.

A couple bottles of the blonde I brewed before Christmas. They weren't ready on NYE, so I am trying a couple tonight.

I've got 12 bombers from my first attempt at home brewing, that was from 2000 and 2001. They were bad then, guessing they are really bad now. Don't really want to sample, but I will need the bottles at some point.

What kind of beer is it?

Nothing. Beer fridge is empty at the moment.

Oldest beer I have though is a 2001 Liefman's Kriek. Oldest homebrew is a Brett B Tripel from 2010.

I've got a magnum of Double Bastard from 2011. It's hard to find time to put down a whole magnum of that stuff...

Oldest homebrew is a chocolate milk stout I brewed in October. Oldest commercial in the fridge right now is a six pack of Iron City Light with Dan Marino on the can when he went to the Hall of Fame in 2005. I used to have several Harley Davidson beers from probably late 80's or early 90's but must have gotten rid of those last time I moved.

Oldest home brew is some Belgian Dubbel I made 6+ years ago. Had one a couple of weeks ago.....awesome. Oldest commercial beer is a "Shadow Mountain" oatmeal stout from Grand Lakes in Colorado. I bought a sixer at their pub 4 years ago while on vacation around Grand Lake. This one got lost in the back of the fridge, and every time I've seen it since...I don't have the heart to throw it out or drink it. Too many memories of the Colorado Rockies....

grandlake.jpg

Does my cold crash fridge count? I've got a Belgian golden strong in there right now that's been kicking around since October 2014. Gonna actually keg it this week, should be pretty nice by now.

Last night I finished off a 2014 boulevard smokestack series bourbon barrel quad. Got it for Xmas last year and it had been in the bottle already for 5 months when I got it. Best by date still 6 months away.

I feel horrible today. Sick to my stomach. Almost feel hungover but I didn't drink much aside for the bottle.

At the moment, the oldest things I have are a few bottles of 2-year-old HB Belgian quad, and some coffee wine that is maybe 6 months older.

Up until last summer, I had a 5-year-old bottle of Stone Old Guardian, but I drank that one up to celebrate a big promotion at work.

I don't have any old homebrew but a lot of cellared beer from 2011 onwards. Not much for stuff older than that since that's when I started cellaring beers but I do have a Fuller's Vintage 2008 I bought fresh and have kept around since then.

Oldest homebrew is a few saisons from May 2015, so they're still relatively fresh. A lot of my 2015 brews are cellarable beers so there will be an aging population of homebrew soon

I opened one a couple months ago , it was approximately a year old, it was way over-cabonated like it picked up a bug, didn't taste sour , just very dry.

"A champagne of bottle beer" :p

I've always heard that beer doesn't get better with age like wine and distillates do. I think beer starts to degrade after one year.....hence, beer usually vanishes from my frig in less 2 months or so. I do have one bottle of Rhinelander that's about 30 years old.....however I'm sure it's no worse tasting now than it was 30 years ago :)

Back