Arrogant Bastard Clone anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willy Boner

Reaction score
:mug: Does anyone have a good extract/specialty grains recipe for an Arrogant Bastard clone? Around 7% like the original. Thanks in advance!:mug:

grab a bottle and bust out the software. they give you almost all the info you need to figure one out. plus then you get to hone your skills! BTW Rougue uses Pacman yeast almost exclusively. Wyeast had it available for a limited time. If you call around you may find some available somewhere.

Arrogant Bastard is Stone, not Rogue. =)

For yeast, you'd probably be good with 1056, WLP001, or Safale S-04.

-D

:mug: Well this is what I'm going to brew for a 7.5 gallon batch :
6.5# Amber LME
7# Light LME

Grains:
.75# Belgian Special B
.75# Belgian Bisquit
.75# Belgian Aromatic
.75# Belgian Caramunich

Hops:
2 oz. Chinook@60 min.
1.5oz.Chinook @30 min.
1.5oz.Chinook @flameout

Safale S- 04 o S- 05 yeast probably 2 packs :mug:

Here you go:
Arrogant Bastard Clone

7 lbs. Light LME
2 lbs. Light DME
1 lb. Belgian Special-B Malt
1 lb. Belgian Carvienne Malt
1 lb. Belgian Caramunich Malt
1 lb. Belgian Biscuit Malt
2 oz. Chinook Hops 30 HBUs (Bittering) 60 minutes
2 oz. Columbus Hops (Flavoring) 20 minutes
2 oz. Cascade Hops (Aroma) 2 minutes
1 pkg. Wyeast British Ale Yeast

Add the cracked grains to 2 gallons of cold water and bring to a boil. Remove the grains and add the Light LME and Light DME then bring back to a boil. Add 2½ oz. Chinook hops. Boil for 40 minutes. Add 2 oz. Columbus hops. Boil for 18 minutes. Add 2 oz. Cascade hops. Boil for 2 minutes. Sparge out the hops and add the wort to the fermenter with enough cold water to make five gallons. Add yeast when temp reaches 70ºF. After 7 days transfer to secondary. Let age in secondary for 2 weeks then bottle or keg.
For Bottling:
1¼ cup DME Or
¾ cup Corn sugar

I made this for my nephew for his wedding and the obligatory Arrogant ***** for the wife-to-be. It went over extremely well.

Wild

Back