Problems with first kegging attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martink49

Reaction score
I have always bottled my homebrews but recently invested in a corny keg setup. I have a brew ready to go into the keg. I sanitized the keg and was going to run some cleaning solution through the liquid out lines. I set the psi on the regulator to about 15 but I only get a small trickle of liquid through the tap. I swapped the posts and poppets with those from another keg with the same results. I believe the keg is pressurizing because the release valve does hiss etc.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance!

I checked the tubes and they are clear.
Could it be the liquid out disconnect? I don't know what would be wrong with it but that seems to be where things start to go wrong.

If the liquid out disconnect was kind of hard to put on then you most likely have the wrong size popit valve in you liquid post or its one of those universal popits that's not so universal. I cut the spring on my popit to make the disconnect connect better and make the beer pour better but it's still not quite right. You can always take the keg back to where you bought it and tell them its borked.

So you could disconnect the beer line from the tap to confirm that the tap is not the problem. Be prepared to pop the disconnect off the post if you try this. Assuming its not, you can depress the poppet on the gas out post with a screwdriver, with the perhaps obvious caveat that beer (or whatever liquid you have in there) will probably spray with some force out of the post. :D

I disconnected the tap and the same slow trickle came through the line. I depressurized the keg, took off the disconnect and repressurized. Then I pushed down the poppet with a screwdriver and plenty of water sprayed out. I take it this means it is likely the disconnect?

Latest posts

Back