is my house going to explode ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becksbolero2

Reaction score
do you guys leave your c02 on at all times ?
or do you only let it run when you want to pour a glass.

I assume that it can be running at all times, but I just wanted to make sure. I just realized that the kegs have release valves so I guess it wouldn't really be a big deal.....but I still don't want to waste c02

If your system is leak free its not a problem. If your system is balanced in the long term your beer will neither be over or under carbed.

My mum and partner were so concerned they thought CO2 was flammable and that I was going to blow myself up LOL

Yes, it is going to explode. You need to pack up your kegging system and send it to me, Ill spend a few years confirming that it is safe, then send it back. :D PM me for my address

Most people here leave the CO2 on all the time. If your system has a leak, spend a little time figuring it out, it'll be well worth your time.

You're not wasting CO2, just maintaining beer at set pressure and keeping it ready to pour. That doesn't take much.

There was a post here today where a guy said his regulator went beserk, ( not exactly his words) and forced 130psi into the keg. I think he said the pressure release went off. I find this hard to believe on the old a$$ cornys a lot of us use. My PR valve on the six kegs I have start releasing around 35 psi. Weak springs I suppose.

In a house or garage, wherever you are going to keep your tank, even a co2 leak isn't that big of a deal. I've had co2 tanks empty on me with no issues. Just make sure you check often for leaks and a balanced system and you'll be fine.

Yes, it is going to explode. You need to pack up your kegging system and send it to me, Ill spend a few years confirming that it is safe, then send it back. :D PM me for my address

Most people here leave the CO2 on all the time. If your system has a leak, spend a little time figuring it out, it'll be well worth your time.

YOU'RE NUMBER 1! :D :mug:

The only danger is if the tank falls and breaks the valve off. Then you will have a heavy tank flying around. That could kill you

Back