Yankee Ingenuity VII - August 30-31 2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester369

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok guys, let's start trying to find a date that works! I'm thinking maybe start on a Saturday evening with some consumption, and start brewing in the AM on Sunday.

:mug:

Brewing while hung over? Is that REALLY the order we should be going? ;) Does it make more sense to brew Saturday afternoon/early evening, then drink through Saturday night?

I'm going to be in the Outerbanks for the first two weeks of August.

Brewing while hung over? Is that REALLY the order we should be going? ;) Does it make more sense to brew Saturday afternoon/early evening, then drink through Saturday night?

I'll be in Michigan the first weekend in August. (And possibly the 3rd weekend as well)

Ok, so since there are 5 weekends this August, the current possible ones are the 4th and 5th, maybe the 3rd.

As for brewing saturday afternoon, fine with me! Maybe I'll start mine in the morning, so this time I can sit around and watch you guys work! :D

If you dive make sure you drive to Morehead City and take one of the charters that are based there. Some truely fanstatic diving down there.
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunatley I'm more a surfer then a diver.

I'm all for brewing Saturday afternoon, and then carrying on Saturday night.
That is a brilliant idea:ban:

Wonderful news ...

OK guys - I am definitely in for a brew session on Sat with testing and tasting to follow..and would be happy to rideshare ...

first 2 weeks of Aug prob not good for me so any of the last 3 are doable ..

Depending on the weekend, maybe I'll head north - my girlfriend is from St Albans so maybe we could hang out on the way there/way back and make it a weekend.

Yes - that def works for me ... I will be getting back from PA on the 15th, so anytime after that is good..

BTW - Anyone going to the VT Brewers Festival in Burlington ?

this thing still happening? If so when, does not seem to be a consensus here...

Looking forward to a brew gathering... Been a while for me. :drunk:

spillovers do tend to happen... :drunk:

As long as it isn't a boilover I guess. :p

Glad to hear it. Now I hope I can actually make it...

Are we planning a late afternoon brew Saturday or an early am brew Sunday?
If I may bring my tent, then in for August 30th with a spillover into your backyard on the morning of the 31st.

Kaiser -

Can't wait to see that color-coded graphed-out logbook of yours ... ! I would offer a ride, but wrong side of the state !

So, are SWMBOs invited to this? I need to know whether to ask my mother to watch The Bean that night.

SWMBOs are certainly invited - I'll leave it up to you guys to decide if you want to forward that invitation to your respective SWMBO ;)

Just as an FYI, I have one futon, 2 single beds, a regular couch, and a biga$$ couch (sleeps 3) available for crashing Saturday night, as well as lots of tent space in the back yard.

The water at my house is filtered and I have no idea what the profile is, so you might want to BYOW if you are worried about it. It does taste good, and I have brewed from pale ale to stout with it.

If anyone has an RV hose, maybe you could bring it - I don't have one and carrying water from the kitchen sucks! I will try to get one beforehand, but might not be able to.

Grain mill will be available for use.

I am open to suggestions for a dinner menu Saturday.

This will be a rain or shine event.

Bird, I find it funny that you refer to the wee one as The Bean - my parents called me 'Bean' and 'Beanie' for the first 6-7 years of my life :D

Looking like I can make it unless something comes up. Looking forward to it.

Finally something a little closer to home! Thanks for hosting Jester.

Very interested, but I have a BBQ planned for that weekend, though I might blow it off, as I haven't heard anything about people actually coming for it...

Glib-

Carpooling via BF is a swell idea ... we can split gas $$. I would habe burner/tank, 2 pots, chiller and 5 gal cooler..and a sleeping bag, of course ..think we will have enough room ?

So Jester369,

Do you want us to bring any food (other than what I mentioned) for dinner or whatever?

For better or worse, I don't think I'm going to have time to collect all of the ingredients to make my mussels, but if there's anything else you want me to bring along, let me know. I'm going to bring a keg of my American Smoked Stout.

I think I'm just going to come up with a menu (and get the stuff) and post it here, and if anyone wants to bring something else that's cool too! Bummer about the mussels - those were tasty! Excellent about the smoked stout - since the manifold fiasco, I only have my Ordinary Bitter on tap (that's the one I brewed at evanmars' last time).

Ok, so I am thinking about keeping it simple.

Dinner:

Bacon Cheeseburgers on the grill (I grind it fresh), hand cut fries, coleslaw, maybe corn on the cob.

Breakfast:

Bacon Buttermilk Waffles (can you tell I like bacon?), Eggs, Toast, etc.

Sound ok? (I know not to you, Zymurgrafi ;) but you've got your food covered, right?)

So, I'll just bring the keg and hook it right up to the kegerator then? I won't worry about bringing the charger and picnic taps. I'll check the carbonation level on my Amarillo-APA, too; it's only been on the gas about a week, but it might be carbed up enough (just pretend it's English).

Back