Bottling and carbonating ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indy

Reaction score
Did a quick search but probably didn't do it right as I didn't find the answer.

I've got some apfelwein and some hard lemonade that should be ready to bottle before too long. I want to carbonate some of it and leave some flat, kind of a taste test kind of thing. I don't have a keg or anything that can force carb it, how else is it done?

Also, my secondaries are all downstairs in a carpeted room. I don't want to drab everything upstairs and shake it up right before bottling it and don't want to get it all over my carpet if I mess up the siphon and over fill. Any problem with siphoning into a primary and then pouring into the bottles?

I wouldnt pour into bottles. Thats asking for oxidation. Get a bottling wand ($3) for your siphon, it makes overflows a thing of the past.

I spent just under $10 on a thing called an auto-siphon and about a buck on tubing for it and it is the best thing for racking! what used to take at least an hour now only takes about 10 to 15 minutes. well worth the price.

Back