What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so someone is on top of it, sending you west coast beers, that's the new label...

I know a guy who knows a guy.... Death_Can_Headbang_by_ItchyBarracuda.gif

My Wee Heavy. Took a silver at the VA Beer Blitz, my club's entry in the AHA Un-Session comp, and I'll be entering it in the NHC too. It's aged phenomenally over the last year.

That looks great man. My club's brewing my wee for one of our barrels, I'm looking forward to seeing how it does on a real barrel as opposed to the oak spirals I use.

Ostomo517 said:
Time for the good stuff Stone Smoked Porter, another of the same on deck. The fiancee is digging this one (loves porters and stouts)

Was at the brewery over the summer and one of the reps in the tap room suggested a "smoky Indian" basically a 60/40 blend of the smoked porter and IPA. Took home a growler of it, absolutely amazing

Ostomo517 said:
Ohhhh yeah, gonna have to try that!!!

It's amazing. Tried it quite a few times out of the bombers, and while it's still good, I just can't seem to get the ratio the same as she did at the brewery. Haha. Oh well. My lady loved it so I use it as a constant excuse to keep stocked on those.

Ostomo517 said:
Time for the good stuff Stone Smoked Porter, another of the same on deck. The fiancee is digging this one (loves porters and stouts)

That's some pretty awesome stuff.

rocketspank said:
Marshall Brewing Company Atlas IPA (out of Tulsa, OK).

Atlas is pretty good stuff. I'm having an Old Pavilion Pilsner from them, and maybe an El Cucuy later.

Home brewed red I brewed for the wife. It's affectionately referred to as Van der Brau because of her obsession with James Van Der Beek and that one episode of Don't Mess With the B In Apt 23. God help you if you actually know what I am referring to. Anyway, yeah, that's what I'm drinking.

20130111_001100.jpg

Wookey jack is my new favorite black ale... i'm gonna try and brew it very soon. Tonight I've a had a couple homebrew black ales and then a few sculpins, from a pitcher, at a local pub.

Wookey's probably my favorite American black ale. We have a couple stellar ones here in town, but WJ's always a treat. If you're looking for a recipe, I highly recommend Skeezerpleezer's clone here in the recipe section. He brought a couple bottles of it up this past fall and it's at least as good as the real thing.

What? You want one? They're just getting older by the minute!

Um, yes. I do. I got the other two Deschute's special IPAs (Hop Trip and Chasin' Freshies) but had no luck sourcing that one.

I did, however, get this gem of a beer in a recent trade...
HPIM1819.jpg
Now this is what I look for in a winter beer. Strong, English style ale, solid malt flavors of coffee and dark chocolate, decent bitterness to keep it drinkable and a high enough abv to keep you warm at night. Definitely a winner.

And yes, my picture's blurry. Gotta beer buzz. So what. Wannafideaboudit? :tank:

I'll trade with you once I have the extra cash, the bar should have a few extra bottles if the store runs out.
I have a Blind Pig and Pliny waiting to go out to DisturbdChemist still.

ForumRunner_20130110_223902.png

Pretty good, abit roasty for the style.

I'll trade with you once I have the extra cash, the bar should have a few extra bottles if the store runs out.
I have a Blind Pig and Pliny waiting to go out to DisturbdChemist still.

Cool, let me know. I have a few trades in the works too, so no rush.

Funny that this thread has over 20,000 replies...

Yeah, uncanny. :drunk:

Qhrumphf said:
I quite enjoyed that beer. It's the only Gose I've had. It wasn't nearly as salty as I anticipated.

I agree but the salt did add to the flavor. I would have it again when I am back and try a few others.

Wookey jack is my new favorite black ale... i'm gonna try and brew it very soon. Tonight I've a had a couple homebrew black ales and then a few sculpins, from a pitcher, at a local pub.

I love Wookey, I made a semi clone some a few weeks back. Its amazing now. Definately a keeper.

Back