What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appalachian Jolly Scot...I'll have to read up on the differences b/w Scotch Ales and Nut Browns. That's what this reminds me of, but a little lighter, a little sweeter. Less bitter, but a litle...nice malt, but more caramel than roasted. A little over 5%ABV, so easy to drink. Of the Appalachians I brought home recently, this is probably the better one in the bunch.

Only similarity I can think of between them are English-ish ingredients, and being malty beers, and usually darker. Other than that, very different beers.

Solid pale ale.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396495788.851165.jpg

Appalachian Jolly Scot...I'll have to read up on the differences b/w Scotch Ales and Nut Browns. That's what this reminds me of, but a little lighter, a little sweeter. Less bitter, but a litle...nice malt, but more caramel than roasted. A little over 5%ABV, so easy to drink. Of the Appalachians I brought home recently, this is probably the better one in the bunch. The hard part is drinking it sideways!

I hope I can find this near me. Looks/sounds delish. I'm on water due to work and am short on beer here after I drank the 750ml of skunked Saison before

Just found out im going to vegas at the end of summer. Conditioning my liver for the trip :D

This beer confused me. Its called new world porter, but its a black IPa? Still good.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396496445.489632.jpg

It's amazing! I tried to find more only to discover it is a brewery only release. I'm not sure if there's any left.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Used to be...Not any more. They began distributing it (DC, NOVA, MD, Philly) with the 2/7/14 canning. It's a quarterly release so we should see more in a month or so.

I have about six left

Used to be...Not any more. They began distributing it (DC, NOVA, MD, Philly) with the 2/7/14 canning. It's a quarterly release so we should see more in a month or so.

I have about six left

Great news! I'll have to track down some more.

I have about six left

I was pretty sure I saw it on the shelves prior to that around here....

I suppose I should probably pick it up. Unless it's like every other DC Brau beer, in which case I can pick up an ounce of CTZ and just suck on the pellets for a while :mug:

View attachment 190459
So good.

Had planned on burying the rest of these for a while, but I'm getting two more in trade so why not...

Very nice. I enjoy barleywines, and honestly thought that one picked up too much stout character. Would have preferred a second use barrel instead of a third, but I still loved that beer! Thtas why I still have a few.

Dug a Breakfast Stout out for tonight.

Im really starting to not like Shelton brothers, only because I dont benefit from them :D

First Nightmare on Brett in KC, and now this?! Blasphemy!

Lol. I bet! I just picked up a few bible belts today too. :D its a recent thing tho. I have been waiting fir a while now!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396516186.339799.jpg
I had this last night, prior to my smartphone getting a case of the stupids, looks like I need to reboot my wifi. Very good beer, I was just telling the manager at my local liquor to try to get it. Thanks wobrein!

On the coffee right now.

Ugh. Coffee and Advil for now.

Decided to have a few shots of Jameson last night to finish things up. Not a good idea. Slowly getting things together for a brew day.

Just downed a few cups of water after a workout. The girls at the gym told me there was a competition on Tuesday. The winner posted 7 pull-ups.

Where's Billy-Klubb and that donkey punch between the jewels?

Once in a while you just need a little Busch in the afternoon.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396548106.317896.jpg

I will have to pm you next time im making a trip up there. Lukas is great with variety, but i never see any special release type stuff there

That's because a plague of locusts come and eat them up before you can get them.most special release beers you need your name on a list and they call you. Sometimes you get leftovers. And alot if times you they hide them. Im constantly watching their Facebook page looking for dates they get beer. Pain in the ass

Back