What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
\
Baltic Porter by Les Trois Mousquetaires... absolutely delicious.

I'm guessing international beer trading is more trouble than it's worth. Too bad, you've got some great stuff getting brewed in Quebec it looks like!

Water in the car back home from MI but i did convince SWMBO to stop off at Greenbush Brewing again to refill some growlers. Should be home in about a hour and ill be drinking some Dunegras and Anger!

Killing one if my 70/- HB. My brother calls last night and asks me what I'm doing this weekend. I say, pretty much nothing. He says cool. Then you can come help me kill the last 3/4 of this keg of yuengling. Me: Why do you have 3/4 keg of...wait. Who cares? Be right there.

He's going be drunk till Monday.

Keep it on the cooler side and I think you can avoid the banana death trap. I hate that yeast so much I bought a bottle of Thiriez when I finally found one to see what the original has to offer. Haven't drank it yet. It was on the bottom shelf in a back corner in the French section. It's got to be years old and of the 6 or so they had, maybe 4 had pellicles in the bottle.

Being's your the keeper of all things funky on the HBT.....

I was planning on running her in the basement w/ everything else. Been hanging 68-69 down there. Is that what you mean by cooooool.

Being's your the keeper of all things funky on the HBT.....

I was planning on running her in the basement w/ everything else. Been hanging 68-69 down there. Is that what you mean by cooooool.

I think that will work. 68 ambient should give you 75ish when it gets going. Maybe wrap it up in a sleeping bag before high krausen falls to keep it warm to finish. I've never actually used 3711, I've just had so many bad HB saisons made with it.

What is this??

I think allagash is finally returning to Texas. Wohoo... I need to try ommegang..

That's Allagash House Beer. Brewery only. :( Maybe 4.5% abv, I guess it's a BPA if it has to be categorized. It's tasy, dry, drinkable, mildly hoppy. Pretty close to a perfect session beer.

I'm having a 3 beans. Hopefully my nightcap. Yeah, I know it's 9 on Saturday, but I was up at 5 and hafta get up at 5 again tomorrow. If this doesn't do the trick I put a Brown Shugga in the fridge. As much as I drink, I tend to stick to the low abv stuff, so back to back 10%ers should make for sweet, dreamless sleep.

I'm going to pour myself a Hendrick's and tonic, followed by a Potosi Cave Ale, right now.

ForumRunner_20130713_210207.png

I am tempted to get a bottle of Ommegang's Iron Throne beer. In order to justify this, I have put the first two seasons of Game of Thrones higher on my Netflix queue.

I think that will work. 68 ambient should give you 75ish when it gets going. Maybe wrap it up in a sleeping bag before high krausen falls to keep it warm to finish. I've never actually used 3711, I've just had so many bad HB saisons made with it.
I'm gonna try another Petite with it when I get my hands on more WLP565 so I can blend the cakes again.

Had a couple of my partial mash "clones" of the Cooper's Hop Gobblers recipe earlier. Followed that up with a couple of Molson Canadian my wife brought home when she got off work. She's gone to bed since she has to get up early for work again tomorrow. I'm rounding out the night with a bottle of Cooper's OS Stout/Dark Ale Toucan I made in December 2012. It's tasting pretty good.

What is in that better bottle there?
Its hard lemonade aka skeeter pee finishing up. Its taken forever and know the advantages of nutrients.

It's Saturday night. I'm married with two kids and I'm drinking alone in my house. If there's anything wrong with this picture I can't see what it is.

Well thats peace and quite for you and saving me lots of money. Lol

there's no cheese burger.

True. No cheese burger but two pizza bread balls rising in the fridge for tomorrow.

Oh great, people keep saying that. Now he's going to be really mad when I get one. :D

That's funny I was thinking about the same thing Gabe! Figured the last 3 were just being nice :) I won't know the truth about my beer until after you get your package in a couple days! However if you don't like it I'm blaming it on you cause I used your grain bill advice on this one too (similar to the citra saison). Then again if you like it you'll have to pat yourself on the back :)

Drinking Remmy's APA and it's great (really it is I'm not just saying that) :mug:

ForumRunner_20130713_200104.jpg

Just some pics from the allagash tour I thought you all would enjoy. Sampled their white, house beer, confluence, and interlude. Oh and picked up FOUR coolship reds!

image-3667663925.jpg

image-574865184.jpg

image-1795651464.jpg

No FV13, it skips from 12 to 14

image-2341518931.jpg

So where does this come from!

image-1006643192.jpg

Barrel room. They had a pilot batch of "Iliad" aged in tequila barrels. Only 4 barrels total

image-3065614278.jpg

image-2968611253.jpg

Stopping in SC for the night on our way to FL. Having my first taste of this out of a hotel coffee cup and I must say it's as good as I've heard. Fruity and dank hop aromas, good flavor, smooth bitterness and pleasantly dry finish. I'll have to see if I can find any more of their brews while I am down here.

ForumRunner_20130713_221636.jpg

Stopping in SC for the night on our way to FL. Having my first taste of this out of a hotel coffee cup and I must say it's as good as I've heard. Fruity and dank hop aromas, good flavor, smooth bitterness and pleasantly dry finish. I'll have to see if I can find any more of their brews while I am down here.

Nice ring opener you forget the key at home? ;)

Back