Bayou Classic BG 12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superbob404

Reaction score
Can I use an adjustable high pressure regulator for the BG12 burner? Then can I just get a valve to regulate the flame on each burner independently? Has anyone ever used copper for the gas line on your brew rig? Some people say the pipe can breakdown & clog the burner, others say they use it underground because it 'flexes' some instead of breaking. I think some copper pipe running up a stainless rig would look cool, any ideas?

As for copper, there isn't a problem. Propane installations here in the northeast have been piped in soft copper with flare fittings for as long as I can remember.
The only issue with something getting into the burner would be a bit of copper or dirt from the initial installation.
As for the regulator, just be sure that it isn't adjusted too high. Excessive pressure could cause the flame to lift too far off the tip of the orifice or burner.
There is normally a slight gap between the burner and the flame, excessive pressure increases the gap, and could result in a flame out, and raw gas venting.

Back